E3 2008 Thread

Gryph

Last years E3 was the sh!t....until the game came out >.>. Last winter season was supposed to be the "biggest" season of cool games, and it bombed, horribly, so much generic sh!t, they're was a few gold gems, but not as much as I expected.

I'm hoping to see GW2 this year though.

So are these still forever mini-E3's? Is it going to be an E3 like it used be?

No. Other gaming events have stepped up to take the plate, but what they did to E3 was like a giant smack to all the companies as to why spend hundreds of millions of dollars on something you'll only show for 60 seconds or less. Case in point: Halo 2 Trailer. They spent man hours and money on the TRAILER alone. They didn't even make all the assets for the friking game at the time.

(I do miss the booth babes and the amazing amount of giant statues though)

No. Other gaming events have stepped up to take the plate, but what they did to E3 was like a giant smack to all the companies as to why spend hundreds of millions of dollars on something you'll only show for 60 seconds or less. Case in point: Halo 2 Trailer. They spent man hours and money on the TRAILER alone. They didn't even make all the assets for the friking game at the time.

So we'll have now forever mini-E3's? And what are these other gaming events that have "stepped up to the plate"?

There won't be much Diablo III at E3, which is what I would have been most interested in.

Also Fallout 3 recently got banned here :/

Why was Fallout 3 banned in Australia? Graphics too mature?

Banned because of drug use in the game. It's absolutely completely flocking ridiculous. Ugh, sorry man that sucks. :)

Diablo III is going to be so awesome which I'm not expecting much info on either.