The Dark Knight

Gryph

I saw it yesterday. The film was amazingly good and I recommend everyone to go see it. I do not think it was the best Batman film, but I know many will say it is. I thought the movie was a bit too long and many scenes felt like they were cut short.

Now for the analysis with spoilers:

1. I thought that the scene with Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, and Rachel Dawson, and with the Joker, was cut short after Batman saved Rachel. Why would Batman suddenly leave Joker and his men up there with all of Bruce's guests?

2. There were parts in the movie that I thought Joker basically told Batman that he knew he was Bruce Wayne. The first scene I speak of was when they were in the jail cell and Batman was interrogating him. I remember Joker saying that "You should have married Rachel ...". I may be wrong, but I thought that was the reason that Batman suddenly went ballistic and put the chair under the door. At the same time, it makes sense for him to do that because now he realizes he has to save Rachel.

The second scene where I thought Joker already knew he was Batman was when Joker called in the news station and basically stopped the Wayne enterprise worker from revealing Batman as Bruce Wayne. I thought that if Joker doesn't know who Batman is, he would want to listen to this guy's answer. Not only that, but he asked to see Batman's true face.

3. I am pretty sure Harvey Dent / Two Face is still alive for a sequel. Many said that they saw that he was still breathing in his last scene.

4. I was very disappointed with Joker's last scene in the movie. It gave us nothing. So he's suddenly dangling from a rope? It would have been better if he cut the rope with one of his knives and we see him on the ground one second and gone the other. It just seemed so inconclusive.

5. I didn't have a problem with Batman's voice. It sounded the same in Batman Begins.

6. I also thought the scene in Hong Kong when Batman takes Lau into the plane was extremely unrealistic. Couldn't the Cops or Hong Kong government shoot the plane down with such a high profile person in it?

7. In the end, why destroy the Sonar equipment when Joker is still alive?

Joker and his men most likely ran from the party right after Batman saved Rachel.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope there is a sequel, but as much as I want it, I sense it sucking, because they probably wanted joker to come back for a bit, or at least that was my impression, but finding someone to be as good as heath to play it...fuk that, your not gonna find anyone who can play it that well.

heath wasn't the be all end all in my opinion. I enjoyed his performance but it wasn't unstoppable.. I really hate Bale as batman. the gruff voice is retarded. I liked Keaton's whisper better. this was a great movie but i dunno, there was something missing. the magic from when I first sat in a theater and watched Burton's Batman is no where to be found.

1. I thought that the scene with Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, and Rachel Dawson, and with the Joker, was cut short after Batman saved Rachel. Why would Batman suddenly leave Joker and his men up there with all of Bruce's guests?

I think the point of Batman leaping to save Rachel is to show that Bruce cares mostly about the safety of her and how it blinds him. The rest of that scene does leave a lot of questions such as what happened? and all that. It may have been cut out due to time issues or something, but hopefully there will be an extended scene whenever it's available to purchase.

4. I was very disappointed with Joker's last scene in the movie. It gave us nothing. So he's suddenly dangling from a rope? It would have been better if he cut the rope with one of his knives and we see him on the ground one second and gone the other. It just seemed so inconclusive.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but there was the nozzle of a gun in the corner while Batman was leaving which would suggest Joker was taken into custody. Joker's thing is he enjoys putting Batman into moral dilemmas, getting caught, going to Arkham, and then escaping and doing it all over again. But you're right, that would have been so much more dramatic and scary in the long run... but something like that would lead fans to believe Joker would be another central character in a sequel, and I remember Two Face being a big thing with Nolan so I guess he's more interested in creating another Dent story.

heath wasn't the be all end all in my opinion. I enjoyed his performance but it wasn't unstoppable.. I really hate Bale as batman. the gruff voice is retarded. I liked Keaton's whisper better. this was a great movie but i dunno, there was something missing. the magic from when I first sat in a theater and watched Burton's Batman is no where to be found.

Yeah, the gruff voice was a bit overused. I love the whisper... they definitely should have used both through the film and only the screams when Batman was pissed. Otherwise, the only thing Bale has going for him is height and that he's athletic enough... he just can't top Keaton's demeanor, though. I think Tim Burton had even said it, Keaton is weird enough to dress up like a bat and fight crime. But you know who would have been good had he still been young? Alec Baldwin.

And I'm pretty sure Ledger could be topped, but he was really damn good and way better than Nicholson's. It'd be interesting if they pulled the whole plastic surgery thing with Joker in future films to reference his face change (assuming they'd continue or use Joker again). Recently in comics, Joker did get plastic surgery and also gave himself a permanent smile.

and as for that Hong Kong scene, I felt it was necessary to story development and to also show the lengths Batman is willing to go to keep Gotham safe.

I really have to see this, the comments are confusing the hell out of me. I've read the comics, I've seen the other movies.....how the hell can the Joker and Two Face be in the same movie/timeframe?

I really have to see this, the comments are confusing the hell out of me. I've read the comics, I've seen the other movies.....how the hell can the Joker and Two Face be in the same movie/timeframe?

Have you read the Long Halloween?

I found the movie online (free viewing, apparently). I'll let everyone know how it goes. So far, quality isn't so great.

And the whole time watching the movie I couldn't get The Long Halloween and Dark Victory out of my head. Of course it didn't follow every detail, but there were so many elements from those stories and they were presented so well.

No, but I'm aware of what it is......a horrible spin-off akin to Marvel's alternate timeline crap.

I have read the originals, and this sounds like it doesn't fit. Mind you comic creators seem to be able to do whatever they want even if it doesn't make sense (see; Marvel) with regards to character timelines and location.

No, but I'm aware of what it is......a horrible spin-off akin to Marvel's alternate timeline crap.

I have read the originals, and this sounds like it doesn't fit. Mind you comic creators seem to be able to do whatever they want even if it doesn't make sense (see; Marvel) with regards to character timelines and location.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Long_Halloween

The long Halloween is in continuity. It's not horrible by the way, you should read it.

did I mention a HATE the tumbler. but I guess I am partial to the '60s Barris Batmobile.