Warhammer Online Content Slashed Before Launch

Starcraft's lore was all in the manual to begin with.

Which was subsequently expanded upon in the following years since the release of the game. It wasn't like they DUMPED all the lore right into your lap when the game first came out. Which was the point I was trying to get across.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starcraft's lore was all in the manual to begin with.

Warcraft's lore received a hugely expanded kick in the gay direction with Warcraft III.

Really? I hadn't noticed it when I was playing it. How did it suddenly change when Warcraft III was released? :peopleseybrow:

Really? I hadn't noticed it when I was playing it. How did it suddenly change when Warcraft III was released? :peopleseybrow:

They introduced a 'grand scheme of things' to Warcraft with WC3. Suddenly there were 5 other continents in the world, a million other cheap fantasy races, gods and history that had nothing to with Orcs and Humans fighting, but paved the way for a big MMO.

I'll rant more about it later but play the Warcraft II campaign and then play the Warcraft III campaign straight after and you'll get a jolt from how much more there is to the world and how the style has become a lot brighter than it used to be.

They introduced a 'grand scheme of things' to Warcraft with WC3. Suddenly there were 5 other continents in the world, a million other cheap fantasy races, gods and history that had nothing to with Orcs and Humans fighting, but paved the way for a big MMO.

I'll rant more about it later but play the Warcraft II campaign and then play the Warcraft III campaign straight after and you'll get a jolt from how much more there is to the world and how the style has become a lot brighter than it used to be.

Oh! I see now. That makes sense now since WoW came just two years after Warcraft III. They were preparing mentally for World of Warcraft a couple of years in advance with Warcraft III. The only problem with comparing Warcraft II and then Warcraft III is that fact that seven years separate the two games and that probably meant a completely different team of artists and game designers.

I like his writing style though. It's very similar to mine from the looks of things, and he also tends to be very forgetful of the canon/lore at times (similar to me when I DM any campaigns I'm running in D&D/whatever table top RPG). And he knows it, which is what I like about him, he knows when he's fubbed the lore unintentionally.