What is TOSEC?

Now not to be ignorant (too late) but ive personally been with emulation since NESticle first came out but theres something I must have missed in the emu scene. I know what GoodXXX collections are but what is TOSEC? Ive tried to research it and even went to their website which only confused me more. Is it like another group trying to make rom pack standards or something?

• 1 month later...

TOSEC (The Old School Emulation Center) is a group of people who are working on a renaming standard for dumped files. If I remember correctly all the rom naming conventions such as [!], , etc. came to be because of them.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a good point, do you know what the standards mean? I mean obviously [E] is English, [J] is Japanese etc... etc..., and is universal, but what does [!] mean? What does mean? Actually, I am guessing is beta. I guess it is just the [!] I'm puzzled about.

That's a good point, do you know what the standards mean? I mean obviously [E] is English, [J] is Japanese etc... etc..., and is universal, but what does [!] mean?  What does mean? Actually, I am guessing is beta. I guess it is just the [!] I'm puzzled about.

Correction:

[E] = Europe/Oceania

= USA

[!] = Multiple sources have verified this to be a good dump. (I think)

= Bad dump

• 2 weeks later...
Whats Oceania Agozer?

I think it's the Asian region.

ur correct in sayin that {!} means thats the best dump

Oceania is like eurasia, IE. europe and western asia.

[FYI i had to Read the boring a$$ book 1984 by george orwell]

Edited by saiyanfire