The power of friends

My job at Myspace is no more. The office that ran the contract is flocked. EM lost her job too. Were 2 jobless jobbers as of now.

Look here. EA is hiring QA testers again. Its just down the road from me. Tonight I get a haircut go to my buddies house, and work on my resume. Tomorrows I walk into the offices of EA/Tiburon and grab the bull by the horns.

This is what I would like. Perhaps you believe in prayer. Perhaps you believe in power within yourself. Whatever it is you believe in, I would ask for your help. Those of you who are familiar with me, know I'm an alright guy. I will refrain from "I deserve this job" even though I feel that I do. I feel more comfortable saying, they need me. They are hiring... AGAIN... in the middle of the QA season... why? Because they have to replace those who aren't working out. Perhaps it is because they don't take the job seriously, and maybe its just not what they had hoped. I know what I am getting into, and I am borderline desperate. They need me, and I need them. It's a win/win. I am going to approach this with all than I am. But I would ask for everyones support, who is willing to help.

I would ask of you, to want me to get this job. Sounds simple enough? Well it is. I want you to want me to get this job, plain and simple. I figure if there are many who will this to be, the factors of uncertainty will fade even more. I have no worries, I know I am desirable for this position. I hit 30 this year, and have played games before time itself. I am a fanatic. I am detailed orientated, which is such a valuable trait for this position. I have seen so much in my decades of gaming, I know the score, and I'm ready to rumble. If I can grind to max level in a role playing game, turning something fun into a chore, just for the sake of becoming maxed, I believe I can go into and out of menus and such, hunting for bugs and errors. I can go on and on about this, but suffice to say, I am cut out for it. On top of all this, this will get my foot in the door, in a career I have always dreamed of.

Simply put, this is the first step to my dream. Perhaps I am wrong, but I see no other way, err... I don't see a better way to start on the path to my ultimate goal.

If you wish to help me, I would be very grateful. Be it prayer, or hope. All I ask is that you want me to get this job. I feel that is enough. Therefore, that is all I ask.

I would say wish me luck, but I feel that is too negative. I must go in there, as if I already had the job. That is how I perceive this.

I thank you in advance for your support.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slaughtered 2 chickens and a pig, sent the bloody entrails to EA with a note saying

"hire Bal or this is your kids"

do you think that was to extreme?

seriously I am pulling for you bud.

I shall ready the sacrificial ceremony in honor of your glorious march into combat.

I slaughtered 2 chickens and a pig, sent the bloody entrails to EA with a note saying

"hire Bal or this is your kids"

do you think that was to extreme?

seriously I am pulling for you bud.

Same, come on dude you got this.

You can do it. Go for it Belthasar

THANK YOU GUYS... I can already feel it. It is empowering!!! Support such as this is just what the doctor ordered. But I cannot rest. The next step is research.

I just spoke to a friend. Apparently they will test me on my knowledge of sports. I am very rusty on my football knowledge, but have almost no knowledge of Nascar and Tennis.

I'm about to look up some things to study. I just got off the phone with my Dad and we went over different flags and they're meaning on Nascar. He told me about certain things like general speeds through pit areas. some are as low as 35 MPH to a maximum of 55 MPH or so, depending on what track you are on. Alot of other general knowledge too. Just a precursor to help me absorb all that I can. This is the next step. So now I gotta study. This job is for real, and so am I. I will not just allow myself to fail. If I do not get it, It will be something not related to me, something I cannot help.

Now I must go. Ill check up on everyone later. Be well.