Is this the end of the road?

Alpha

i hardly ever post in any serious threads.hold on try never,arguing on the internet is pointless,well thats what i think anyway so i just stay away from that kind of bs.i just mostly come here to talk about games and post some news in the lounge and talk crap in the spam forum.but this place does need some more people to come in and post.

what narcs me is when people come into the xbox forum and ask for stuff then you never see them again until more releases are announced.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about "daily" news, it's more like weekly, given how much other stuff I need to do these days. Whatever happened to our other newsposters? They just disappeared.

As for general comment, well i don't own any consoles, and don't buy or play new games. So, not much for me to say.

Me and Fatal are hommies, although i haven't really chatted with him lately cause i've been busy.

he's a really really nice guy, and sounds manly :lol:

Hope everything will go well for you. If you have a valid reason for the missing two days, and you have called in to inform them of the absence, I am sure all will be forgiven.

the two days i missed, i did have a valid reason for them... except the second day i overslept and my phone ran out of battery, so by the time i managed to call it was too late already.

today i was only going to be like 30 mins late to work, but then there's this tunnel i go through on my way to work, and there were two cars in both lanes that were broken down... making the tunnel take about an hour and 15 mins.

all in all, it's really my fault... i missed work alot before, but it's mainly cause of my flocked up luck where everything tends to go wrong ... not to mention i HATE THIS JOB, I BLOODY HATE IT!

Change jobs then :) No point in staying if you are not happy. Of cos, find a new job first before changing :)

I got a written notice about 30 mins ago.

naturally the damn idiot ignored all what i told him and decided to write me a notice anyway. i don't know, how about " i couldn't call and say i was late because i was STUCK IN A TUNNEL WITH NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION?!"

meh flock this.

only reason i can't quit this job already is cause i can't find another one at the moment... i should've left this job months ago, but i didn't want to abandon my boss during a critical period ... but now... flock him.

I come here to loosen up, but instead feel like I'm stepping on people's toes when I do. I dunno- I consider it 'sensible' to shut up whenever I see a pointless 1-line response and am about to scream. At least I still have 1 other games forum where things aren't as asinine. Fanboys and morons on the net still get to me, and while I know the net is not serious business, I feel like I've grown out of most of the bs.

And yeh LSD jump on tonight whenever. I guess still no UT3? I'm hooked as a monkey on that atm.

Yeah, no UT3 yet. PlayAsia said Asia version come out in July, not confirming when. Ok, see you tonight :)

Posting activity has hit a record low with less than 70 posts in the last three days. Half of those posts are probably from Robert alone for just the daily news posting.

I never really noticed highs/lows as far as post counts go on here, but the past few days have seen an embarrassing lack of activity. Literally 3-4 hours were passing regularly without a post. If the PS3/360 were hacked properly and had a raft of emus at their disposal then I could see this place being flooded again; otherwise it's hard to see where new members are coming from. I remember Gouken saying that the PS3 had a lot of emulators working via Yellow Dog but I can hardly recall anyone actually dropping in and asking about it.

I dunno- I consider it 'sensible' to shut up whenever I see a pointless 1-line response and am about to scream.

I'm in the same boat pretty much. I'd rather post nothing at all than just anything for the sake of it. Lately though I have been making an effort to post more, despite the fact that I'm 30 and my passion for emulation/gaming has waned a lot, I have picked up a fair bit of knowledge along the way, so I like to stick around.

what narcs me is when people come into the xbox forum and ask for stuff then you never see them again until more releases are announced.

That happens to all of these kind of forums. Dcforums was exactly the same. People came in, grabbed the links or whatever and disappeared, never to be seen again. Better they don't stay at all than sh!t post one line responses with no worth at all. That forum, in my experience, parallels this one quite well. It was pretty much a toss of a coin which forum I stuck with about a year ago, I chose here.

I have made 300 posts or more in the last year, compared to like 300 in the first 3 years, but I have noticed a few 'heavy-hitters' dropping off. IMHO this place always revolved around a small core of frequent posters, namely Agozer, Gryph, Weirdy, K'Dash etc. Gryph (who isn't on the top posters list anymore?) doesn't show, Weirdy hardly ever, Wizard pretty regularly still and even Agozer has put the brakes on by his previous standards. It is pretty depressing.

It's summer, people going through events right now that are important, gryph and jitway would be two of those, both heavy posters imo.

Me? You pretty much got my view of why I barely post, it's in the spam section, you know the one you all happened to ignore? About the cocks? Yea...

yeah wasn't it something about cocks covering your keyboard so you couldn't type?

To sum it up.

Everyone was being an asshole to everyone.

When everyone is an asshole, everyone is an enemy, everyone becomes weary and fearsome of posting their thoughts.

Some people even take partial leaves or tend to post with the word "barely" stapled on to their foreheads, for instance, that goat guy, who loves Ps3.

Been busy around in summer playing games and junk. I had to help my dad move around with his back surgery, which is going well right now but his back still hurts from time to time. Also, I've been busy trying to renovate our wasteland of a basement, which is starting to show some progress now that I can actually walk around in it.

Also sparked a recent interest in HK (Hong-Kong) films, mainly martial arts so working on watching them.