philips -lite on dvd drive flashing

has any1 got firmware for flashing the philips dvd rom drive

it is model number dg-16d2s

many thanks

if its not posible to flash this drive can you just pust a other dvd rom drive in??????

Edited by scully69

It's only a relatively new drive so it hasn't been hacked yet. From reading up at Xbox Scene it looks like it won't be hacked at all, or any time soon.

You can't swap the drive for another one because you need the key from the BenQ that you have, and it can't be read yet.

from what ive heard about this new drive its supposed to be an updated version of the ben-q.

question/ive got a benq drive flashed with i-xtreme firmware,is it true that you can alter the speed of your drive once its flashed.

from what ive heard about this new drive its supposed to be an updated version of the ben-q.

question/ive got a benq drive flashed with i-xtreme firmware,is it true that you can alter the speed of your drive once its flashed.

You can alter the speed during the flashing process. I take it you didn't flash it yourself?

You can alter the speed during the flashing process. I take it you didn't flash it yourself?

no i didnt.

Ask whoever done it what speed they used. 12x is the default as it's the native speed of the drive. It can be slowed to like 8x, 5x or 2x. It just makes for a quieter drive and you can get away with crappier discs because of the slower read speed. It does increase the length of load times though.