Project Alky is dead

I just found out and I am saddened. As a person who has no intention of ever upgrading to Vista, this was a very dear project to me. Being able to play all the new games under DirectX10 while using XP would have been grand.

http://fallingleafsystems.com/

As it stands, no one has picked up the project again from what I've gathered. Although the silver lining is they've released all their source code so there's still hope. In the meantime, anyone found any alternatives?

Note: this is not a debate thread. I don't want any random retard telling me to use Vista. This thread has been made to discuss DirectX10 with Windows XP, so if you want to rant on about how much Vista does this and that, find some other thread to do it.

I highly doubt you'll find anyone telling you to use Vista, Vista sucks and EVERYONE knows it.....hence such a quick announcement about Windows 7. No OEM wants to continue using Vista.

Vista HAS failed.

I highly doubt you'll find anyone telling you to use Vista, Vista sucks and EVERYONE knows it.....hence such a quick announcement about Windows 7. No OEM wants to continue using Vista.

Vista HAS failed.

Well you never know, there's bound to be some random fanboy about.

Everyone knows it sucks.

Besides the DX10 project on XP was, how do you say, nigh impossible to begin with.

Everyone knows it sucks.

Besides the DX10 project on XP was, how do you say, nigh impossible to begin with.

Least they got Shadowrun and Halo 2 working.

Because they didn't really run on DX10, they ran on a OS checker (Install only on Vista). One of the groups cracked it and made it installable able on XP.

Vista HAS failed.

Well you never know, there's bound to be some random fanboy about.

True, I know a few. I pity them...