CTDS

I would like to see FFVII remade for 2 reasons.

1) It has aged terribly, in terms of graphics, load times and other things.

2) Square can't make original games anymore to save their own ass.

And btw, the MGS remake was pretty bad...

What about it was bad?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I found bad about the MGS re-make was the voice acting, it sounds like they parodied themselves the second time the actors were called.

Also no Don you aren't the only one who wants a re-make of FFVII, if it ever gets announced you shall see me buy a Ps3 on it's release date.

Rpgs are stories, visuals matter! O and hopefully this re-make will make Square think about Chrono 3, those assholes are pissing me off!

Also no Don you aren't the only one who wants a re-make of FFVII, if it ever gets announced you shall see me buy a Ps3 on it's release date.

Rpgs are stories, visuals matter! O and hopefully this re-make will make Square think about Chrono 3, those assholes are pissing me off!

And that's how Square makes their money.

And that's how Square makes their money.

Then the repeat the process with their new money, and we keep getting their slop titles.

My honest opinion is that Chrono Trigger was less than impressive even when it was released. I don't think it would even be noticed these days if it didn't have Square-Enix stapled to the cover.

Im sorry guys, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to enjoy such an ugly game like FFVII on an HDTV. Its such a good game, but the graphics are near intolerable at this point. Playing on the PSP however is pretty nice.

Im sorry guys, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to enjoy such an ugly game like FFVII on an HDTV. Its such a good game, but the graphics are near intolerable at this point. Playing on the PSP however is pretty nice.

When the game first came out, at the time of it's release date the graphics were decent. You can't really fault the game because it was made on a 4th generation system, great games are best off left alone, someone always wants to enhance it in some kind of way. And besides, the gameplay takes you away from paying close attention to graphics. I mean, it's a turn based RPG, all you do is walk around and fight people within one room, there isn't much to look at unless you desire wonderfully looking cut scenes. I mean, it might matter to you, but to me it just doesn't.

Updating graphics on a game that is known to be great is a good thing imo, keeps the good game updated with new players and shows support towards the fans of the series. The shity part is having to pay again ;).

I wouldn't want to see FF7 remade for the sole fact it's been whored out for years now. The only reason to do a remake is to fix any retcons the spin-off material made and nothing more.

The game is a port of the 1995 SNES original, enhanced to take advantage of the DS touch screen functionality and dual-screen setup. Square Enix is promising additional content and features, such as an extra dungeon and wireless play mode.

On the other hand tho, it's on the DS which means chibi-style models with 5 polygons each. Ergo, DIE IN A FIRE! God I wish they used the PSP... I could care less about the goddamn touch screen at this point. Although I do like how I draw lines in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin to kill monsters.

The game is a port of the 1995 SNES original, enhanced to take advantage of the DS touch screen functionality and dual-screen setup. Square Enix is promising additional content and features, such as an extra dungeon and wireless play mode.

On the other hand tho, it's on the DS which means chibi-style models with 5 polygons each. Ergo, DIE IN A FIRE! God I wish they used the PSP... I could care less about the goddamn touch screen at this point. Although I do like how I draw lines in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin to kill monsters.

Where is your source sir?

Where is your source sir?

http://exophase.com/ds/chrono-trigger-ds-c...7.htm#more-6167

Take note, chibi-style gfx is just an assumption. I hope not tho, based on the fact that they say it's going to be a port, this will most likely not happen. Nowhere could I find the words "enhanced 3D remake" yet. So let's cross our fingers.