Where to get Roms

well it seems mame.dk died again for whatever reason

does anyone know why?

does anyone know a site of equal...ummm....goodness to get me roms? or something close to it?

When will mame.dk be coming bakc damnit!!?!?!?!?

im just really confused now hehe sorry for all the questions...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah, there are no more good sites out there that host roms. mame.dk is dead, Pulciaro is dead, and emuchina (aka romshare) is crap. my advice, get on direct connect. there are quite a few good hubs around, and with a little searching, you can build a descent collection of roms.

yah, there are no more good sites out there that host roms. mame.dk is dead, Pulciaro is dead, and emuchina (aka romshare) is crap. my advice, get on direct connect. there are quite a few good hubs around, and with a little searching, you can build a descent collection of roms.

ummm...excuse me, but I posted a site that has EVERY MAME rom along w/good download speeds and stuff. The registration is free and I'm sure they won't delete you if all you do is download. Anyway, just make sure you turn off your firewall first, cause this place uses cookies. And it'll flock up if you have your firewall on

ummm...excuse me, but I posted a site that has EVERY MAME rom along w/good download speeds and stuff. The registration is free and I'm sure they won't delete you if all you do is download. Anyway, just make sure you turn off your firewall first, cause this place uses cookies. And it'll flock up if you have your firewall on

That site is giving me a registration error. ;)

thanks alot!

i AM in direct connect but it was the orginization of mame.dk that i liked

i mean...if i see somethink like sgf4 (i made up the name) i wouldnt be able to tell what it is....i mean yeah i can recognize something like mslug4 but damn!! hehe

well thank i appreciate it!! Nice site weird ill definatly use that one!!

The reason i want to use a website still is because i mooch off of my schools T1 line and i dont feel like reinstalling DC every time i want to use it, also they wouldnt have roms on them so i would get booted hehe

those computers get re-formatted every night....soooooo bad for the harddrives......

i wont even get started about how stupid my school is about technology....

IRC.

I've never liked P2P for much of anything, too much crap, not enough technically inclined people (I mean, why the heck would someoen bother sharing a MP3 at a bitrate lower than 192 kbps, it's just not high quality enough).

Problem with IRC now though, is that some morons get the notion that IRC == mIRC, when in fact mIRC != IRC. IRC's a standard, a protocol, not some cheap demoware program with the 16th letter of the alphabet in the front of it that breaks DCC functionality and includes security holes. Sorry, ranting.

Anyways, I like IRC. Provided the bot script doesn't use some sort of mIRC-specific non-standard crap.