freedo, 3DO EMULATOR is Going OpenSource. XBOX PORT ?

CARROMATO

xbox port possibilities?

Over at freedo forum admin posted this

Well -- it's decided then -- the project will bereleased as open source. We'll host the SVN repository. Open as read only to everybody and as read/write to those who will decide to contribute.

The only question left -- what license should we be released under.

Please comment your choice.

http://www.freedo.org/forum2/index.php?topic=1431.0

(you need to register to view topics)

xbox port possibilities?

Well -- it's decided then -- the project will bereleased as open source. We'll host the SVN repository. Open as read only to everybody and as read/write to those who will decide to contribute.

That's nice, but all the games are sh!t <_<

The 3DO's specs are sub-PSX so I would imagine it could be ported and run pretty well. Maybe the FMV-heavy games wouldn't fare so good though.

xbox port possibilities?

The 3DO's specs are sub-PSX so I would imagine it could be ported and run pretty well. Maybe the FMV-heavy games wouldn't fare so good though.

3do have a few good games.

They justify the port. I think.

3DO Road Rash on my Xbox? Awesome.......

There aren't many great games for it, but a few multi platform releases, they are the better.

If you discount arcade emulators, there are things like SSFII that are better on no other console.

I can't see the Xbox handling 3DO well though, you need a decent PC to run 3DO games playable. Not anything extreme, but certainly more than a 700mhz Celeron with 64MB of RAM.

You have to be joking right? 3DO was the crap way before PSX even thought about it. The first 32 bit system. Come on Gavin.

You have to be joking right? 3DO was the crap way before PSX even thought about it. The first 32 bit system. Come on Gavin.

I never owned one, just a friend. I waited and jumped on the 64-bit Jaguar! Neither were exactly stellar machines :P

i actually own a 3do and bunch of games, it will be interesting to see where it goes if someone does try to make a port.

there are a few good games for the system, i have been a big fan of shockwave series and i thought its good on this system, def road rash as well and wolfenstein is good on this system. its def worth a look. :P the 3do was a great system for its time.

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX