Sengoku Basara X PS2 Impressions

I've just been messing around with Sengoku Basara X thanks to the Koei Samurai Warriors games. I never followed the development of Basara X and so know none of the systems or anything like that. That said...

I quite like it. I'm not the biggest Guilty Gear fan and I thrashed Hokuto no Ken last year when that came out. However Sengoku Basara X is different. Somehow. You don't feel so light, hits actually feel a bit more substantial than in those other games and overall it feels fun to play. I'm going to read up on the technics now, but so far I'm enjoying it. My one beef with the PS2 version is the the audio quality is terrible, and I'm talking worse than HnK terrible. It sounds like it was re-encoded at a low bitrate several times over...

Anyway is anyone else playing around with this and what do you think?

Sengoku Basara X - the 2d fighting game. Which is a spinoff from the Sengoku Basara series, the first game of which was localised as Devil Kings in the US. So yeh, that same series, but the fighting game spinoff that was just released for PS2.

The system is quite on the innovative side here, and I love how everyone has an assistant that can be used in combos and supers (whatever they're called here).

Also, the money and using it in mid-fight is also cool.

i really like this game got it today,the fighting system is quite innovative like agozer said and i really like the graphical style.this game gets a thumbs up from me. :blink:

The system is quite on the innovative side here, and I love how everyone has an assistant that can be used in combos and supers (whatever they're called here).

Also, the money and using it in mid-fight is also cool.

I like it too although I can play it at my local arcade too! :lol:

What is this about money though? :)

There's this one (or many?) characters that get money tossed on stage when his attacks land. This money is then (supposedly) used to summon his huge (whatever it is) assistant.

It's quite perplexing actually.

I've noticed that it's not exactly like the arcade version. Some of which is the damage modifier on some of the moves is incorrect. Perhaps I'm still playing an old version of SBX at my arc.

There's this one (or many?) character that get money tossed on stage when his attacks land. This money is then (supposedly) used to summon his huge (whatever it is) assistant.

It's quite perplexing actually.

Oh, okay! I just discovered that myself just now! I just picked Motochika myself to find out that he has multiple men as his assistants and they all demand those gold coins to go and get those mobile Trojan horses! The interesting part is that if your level is high enough and you're rich enough; you can summon more powerful Trojan horses!