The Diablo III Thread

Am I the only one who liked Diablo because of the gameplay, rather than the art and lore?

I played it for the gameplay. I didn't really give a damn bout the story until I beat the game and the xpac.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who liked Diablo because of the gameplay, rather than the art and lore?

Yes, the 10 or so million others must just not be as sensible as you are.

Well, seriously, you guys are all complaining about how terrible the art or lore is, and how they flocked everything up. I haven't seen a single comment on gameplay, even though there's a very good ten minute video with commentary focused solely on gameplay.

So here, I think the gameplay looks like Diablo, which is going to be fun. What are your thoughts?

Dude the game looks amazing, your all complaining about cartoon appearance and the lack of blood, when in the game play video, the witchbitch gets beheaded like a slut in the corner of a liquor store on 8th street!

About story, come on, you don't even know it yet >.<.

I've only really played a Necromancer since the synergy patch. Everything else seems so confusing, but with the Necromancer, I just put all of my points into my bone spells, sans bone armor, and I'm good to go.

I've only really played a Necromancer since the synergy patch. Everything else seems so confusing, but with the Necromancer, I just put all of my points into my bone spells, sans bone armor, and I'm good to go.

Lol, I always use Bone Arrow to get through :)

Dude the game looks amazing, your all complaining about cartoon appearance and the lack of blood, when in the game play video, the witchbitch gets beheaded like a slut in the corner of a liquor store on 8th street!

About story, come on, you don't even know it yet >.<.

I thought the barbarian dude gets his head bitten off?

That's one thing that I'm concerned about. I know it won't be sensible for them to include instant kill moves for bosses, but from the game play video it looked like a kill-sync a la DoW where a character getting killed by another monster goes into a kill animation. The problem was that during these kill-syncs the character that started the animation was invincible for the duration.

all this D3 talk has me itching for some D2. I wonder if it runs on vista..... and if I can play online with out a disc...

all this D3 talk has me itching for some D2. I wonder if it runs on vista..... and if I can play online with out a disc...

With the latest patch you can.