Softmod Without a game

Trixx_07

Is there any way to softmod a system wihtout mech assault or splinter cell?

I've softmodded a few Xboxes using the hotswap method. All you need is a Linux boot disc like xboxhdm then you can go ahead and use Ndure/Slayers to install your dash. It can be dangerous if you don't do it right, but it'll only cost you a couple of blank CD-Rs.

there is a method called hot-swapping.basically connecting your xbox harddrive to a pc via a connection cable.i dont know what programmes you need though but there are tutorials over at xbox-scene that will let you know everything.

you can also upgrade the hdd this way but again i dont know any of the programmes.

edit/just missed your post gav.

Here is the very tutorial I used a few years back to softmod mine first Xbox, and subsequent ones too. It goes into every detail you need, what to connect where, links to download what you need (all free) etc. You really can't beat a (soft)modded Xbox.

Ok im at stage 4... i havent hooked up my HD rom xbox so how am i to do this..... http://forums.x-scene.com/lofiversion/inde.../t244043-0.html it says to hook it up after this :S

1. Unpack xboxhdm_v1.6

2. After you unpack you find this files under xboxhdm folder:

1. linux ( folder)

2. cygwin1.dll

3. make-DOS-floppy.bat

4. make-iso-lin.sh

5. make-iso-win.bat

6. mkisofs.exe

7. rawrite.exe

there is also some other readme files but u need these files.

3. Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder.

4. copy your xbox's eeprom.bin to linux>eeprom folder

5. Double click on make-iso-win.bat, it will bringup command prompt and dump the bootable iso same folder.

Edited by Trixx_07

Ok im at stage 4... i havent hooked up my HD rom xbox so how am i to do this..... http://forums.x-scene.com/lofiversion/inde.../t244043-0.html it says to hook it up after this :S

1. Unpack xboxhdm_v1.6

2. After you unpack you find this files under xboxhdm folder:

1. linux ( folder)

2. cygwin1.dll

3. make-DOS-floppy.bat

4. make-iso-lin.sh

5. make-iso-win.bat

6. mkisofs.exe

7. rawrite.exe

there is also some other readme files but u need these files.

3. Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder.

4. copy your xbox's eeprom.bin to linux>eeprom folder

5. Double click on make-iso-win.bat, it will bringup command prompt and dump the bootable iso same folder.

Have you done all those steps yet to make the iso?

Also read this Hotswap FAQ before you do anything, to make sure you are 100% comfortable with doing it.

Sorry, I just realised I linked you to the wrong tutorial. This is the right one, using Xboxhdm + Ndure.

The Hotswap FAQ still stands though. You must know exactly what you are doing or else you could fry your Xbox/PC or yourself, or all 3 if you're unlucky :thumbsup1:

• 3 weeks later...

hey i actually used the hot swap on one my xbox's an it died....well its just broke cause something went wrong an sense i did it that way there was no eeprom.bin saved so its pretty sketchy.... i did it with my other xbox right after an i used a pre made C and E an just hot swapped it an used XBOXHDM an seriously just repleced the C and E on the the second one an it worked 100 percent an after that i went an got the eeprom but seriously if one thing gose wrong... its done

You could also make an eeprom reader. I made one and it cost me like $5.00. This allows you to read your xbox's eeprom so you don't have to do the hotswap which in eliminates the risk of frying your hard drive or computer. They are easy to make and worth it if you have an expensive computer. I use mine for every xbox I softmod.