Do you believe in Love?

Alpha

For me, it's always been difficult to understand what "love" really is. Some say you'll know it when its there, which I can understand fully. At the same time, any man knows that once you're out (down there), reality seems much different for those few seconds to a minute. It's almost as if nobody matters, women don't matter, nothing really moves you.

Therefore, definitely love is more than sex. But the question is, have you ever felt that above and beyond feeling? Something that stays with you no matter if you're out, full, or ready to pop. ;)

I once had a teacher light years ago who would not agree that love really existed. He always proclaimed that it was simply like any other chemical reaction in the body and nothing more. I remember once I had a friend who asked me, "How long would you wait before you say you actually love this girl?" I said maybe about 1-2 weeks or maybe even a month. He laughed in my face proclaiming that it was way too soon and the woman would probably not be too keen on the word being used early in the relationship. Over time, it took me a while to understand when to say "I love you" to a woman. I think I got it down now though. :P

When is the right time to say "I love you" and when do you really understand love? Do you believe in love? Share your experiences.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing that there's such a thing anymore. Sure, maybe in the past but now it's the biggest laughing stock on this planet.

A woman would rather say she's in love with a man who beats than one that treats.

"Love" is for teen movies where the popular guy ends up falling for the outcast girl, and sluts who want to feel like their boyfriends aren't just using them for sex. The word has lost its meaning.

Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspision love actually is all around. - Love Actually

I, of course believe in love. It's a wonderful thing, be it a deep, passionate feeling or just a simple bond between two people that goes beyond the typical need for companionship. I love my family. My mother, father, brother and sister. I would do anything for them, same for the cats I've help raise. I love them as well.

Love isn't as rare as people like to think. Most weak minded, cynical people tend to become scrooges in their advanced years and like to shrug off love like it was something that never affected them. Love inspires us and love brought us into this world. No matter what, our human capacity to care so deeply about someone or something will always be what makes us such a unique species on this planet. Love gives us the strength to continue to become better individuals.

Edited by Gouken

Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspision love actually is all around. - Love Actually

I, of course believe in love. It's a wonderful thing, be it a deep, passionate feeling or just a simple bond between two people that goes beyond the typical need for companionship. I love my family. My mother, father, brother and sister. I would do anything for them, same for the cats I've help raise. I love them as well.

Love isn't as rare as people like to think. Most weak minded, cynical people tend to become scrooges in their advanced years and like to shrug off love like it was something that never affected them. Love inspires us and love brought us into this world. No matter what, our human capacity to care so deeply about someone or something will always be what makes us such a unique species on this planet. Love gives us the strength to continue to become better individuals.

Agreed.

Co-Signed.

Ditto.