1Emulation.Com to REVIEW Hori Real Arcade Pro 2: SA!

--- UPDATE: THE REVIEW HAS NOW BEEN POSTED. READ IT HERE! ---

First, we want to apologize because this was supposed to be posted 2 days ago. We thought it would be better to wait and post it after all the MAME news updates finished, so this can go on top of the front page.

hrapsacv6.jpg

There is some great news to share to everyone who visits 1Emulation. We are currently in the process of reviewing the Hori Real Arcade Pro 2: SA (also known as HRAP2:SA)! This is a revolutionary arcade stick, made by fighting game fans, for the ultimate arcade experience. The Hori Real Arcade Pro 2: SA is a "special addition" stick that uses not only a Sanwa stick, but Sanwa buttons as well. It was made for the Sony Playstation 2, but with additional adapters, it can be used on the Playstation 3, Sega Dreamcast, and PC. Sanwa parts are very popular in Japan and by fighting game fans around the world because of their fast response times, which really help during competitions.

Thanks to the great folks at Akihabarashop.jp, we were able to receive a unit for review. Akihabarashop.jp is known as the place for superb arcade parts and arcade sticks. Our review will begin from the time we receive the package, to the quality, and performance of the arcade stick.

Please check back at 1Emulation for the upcoming review of Hori Real Arcade Pro 2: SA arcade stick.

Expect the review by the end of this week! ;-)

»» http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

»» Product Details Page (Japanese)

I can hardly wait <.<

seriously, I hate the button layout on those things.

Shouldn't you post the review immediately, rather than saying you'll post it later? :o

It's to build anticipation into your minds. :D

The pricetag killed all my anticipation for the SA.

You could at least try to get a price quote from Akihabarashop, which would include the shipping. The other option is to pre-order the Amazon Version of the Hori Real Arcade Pro's that will be releasing soon. They're selling at an excellent price (much cheaper than the HRAP2: SA).

Prices: http://akihabarashop.jp/HRAPAVShipping.htm

Info: http://akihabarashop.jp/developments/artic...56c8bc4f3cfd558

Review is almost done. The only problem is that my camera is showing the buttons as light blue/greenish, rather than the regular blue color they are. I can't seem to fix this problem, without buying a new camera.

Should I use the pictures?

Example: http://flickr.com/photos/11604637@N04/2589716274/sizes/o/

It's probably the kind of light in the room you took the photo. If you took it outside or switched to a tungsten / fluorescent light the colour would probably change again.

You can use the Hue & Saturation tools in Photoshop to get it back to the right tone- just make sure you have the right RGB preview on.

It's probably the kind of light in the room you took the photo. If you took it outside or switched to a tungsten / fluorescent light the colour would probably change again.

You can use the Hue & Saturation tools in Photoshop to get it back to the right tone- just make sure you have the right RGB preview on.

That would probably change the tone of the entire picture though. I'll try it.

As for where I took the picture ... I tried everything. Outside, inside, flash off, flash on, no avail! I probably need a new camera.

EDIT: Believe it or not, I did take over 30 pictures that came out great, which are not of just the stick/buttons itself.