Firefox 3 released

JKKDARK

I actually tried to do that with Fasterfox, followed the directions exactly, but it appears nothing has happened.

I tried it and it works OK. Go to -

C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\random.default\extensions\{c36177c0-224a-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a66}

and delete the install.rdf. Replace it with the one I have attached. Make sure FF isn't running btw.

The only thing is that there are a few new tweaks for FF3. Given that Fasterfox is designed for FF2 then it'll only be able to make FF2 tweaks. It does still work though.

install.rdf.zip

Edited by gavin19

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replaced the install.rdf file with yours (FF was closed) and FF still says Fasterfox is incompatible. But getting it to work is not of the utmost urgency, seeing how I've already custom tweaked FF3 with some other apps. My real question is: I have AVG Antivirus. It appears they are not going to update their Safe Search plugin for FF3. I like to know if a website contains a threat before I click it, so is there a way to manually update it to get it to work with FF3? Or do I have to wait on Grisoft?

HOw come it didnt tell me, "Shoma! There is a new version of firefox for you" lke they do with all the other updates?

OH wait, is this a beta test?

Edited by Shoma

HOw come it didnt tell me, "Shoma! There is a new version of firefox for you" lke they do with all the other updates?

OH wait, is this a beta test?

It's a full new final release. It was plastered all over the internet a few weeks back.

Hmmm..how annoying...

My MU toolbar doesnt work with this new version!

>.<!

What's the extension called?

EDIT : I attached a 3.0 compatible version of Megaupload SX 3.2. I just (hopefully correctly) guessed this was the one you were using. I had to add the .zip at the end to attach the file, so just delete the .zip off the end and then open it with FF3.

pbreak.br_gmail.com.xpi.zip

Edited by gavin19

Hmmm..how annoying...

My MU toolbar doesnt work with this new version!

>.<!

What's the extension called?

EDIT : I attached a 3.0 compatible version of Megaupload SX 3.2. I just (hopefully correctly) guessed this was the one you were using. I had to add the .zip at the end to attach the file, so just delete the .zip off the end and then open it with FF3.

pbreak.br_gmail.com.xpi.zip

I was referring to the MU toolbar.

Not that i installed this i know this isnt it.

But what is this for?

I was referring to the MU toolbar.

Not that i installed this i know this isnt it.

But what is this for?

I always thought MU was MegaUpload :P

Never mind then. I thought the MU Tollbar was an official FF addon.

MU is Megaupload!

But the thing i ad lets me have a temp premium account during certain hours.

I cant find this toolbar on the newer version.

Im sry, i guess we had a misunderstanding there,

MU is Megaupload!

But the thing i ad lets me have a temp premium account during certain hours.

I cant find this toolbar on the newer version.

Im sry, i guess we had a misunderstanding there,

Go into Tools>Addons and see what it's called, then I can maybe fix it up for you.

EDIT : That one I attached apparently opens up extra download slots for you so I guess it's sort of like a temp premium account. You could try it if I can't get the other one to work.

Edited by gavin19