Firefox 3 released

JKKDARK

I'm a bit disappointed with FireFox 3. First off, I don't like how there is no separate list of sites to go back or forward. Also, why is the drop down list for the address bar so short now? It won't even let you scroll down the list.

Lastly, FireFox 3 is working like crap with Hotmail. It keeps reverting you back to the classic version and a lot of the options are not properly loading. It seems that this bug has been in existence during even the beta stages, but the Mozilla team failed to fix it. I guess they don't realize that millions of people use Hotmail.

Also, does FireFox 3 feel a little slower for anyone?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't actually tried Firefox 3 yet. There's nothing wrong with 2. I only switched to Firefox because everyone said Internet Explorer sucks. Which I won't argue, it probably does, but I may never have figured that out on my own.

FireFox 3 is working like crap with Hotmail. It keeps reverting you back to the classic version and a lot of the options are not properly loading. It seems that this bug has been in existence during even the beta stages, but the Mozilla team failed to fix it. I guess they don't realize that millions of people use Hotmail.

Also, does FireFox 3 feel a little slower for anyone?

I just use Thunderbird, that way I can have all my Yahoo, MSN and Gmail in one place :o

Also FF3 is faster than FF2 but not by as much as is being made out. I have been testing my own extension from 2 through all the 3 RC releases and it is moderately faster.

I only switched to Firefox because everyone said Internet Explorer sucks.

Compared to Opera and FF it sort of does. Opera is 'better' than FF IMO, but it's just that FF is so much more extensible with all the addons. Opera's Widgets don't compare sadly.

I'm a bit disappointed with FireFox 3. First off, I don't like how there is no separate list of sites to go back or forward. Also, why is the drop down list for the address bar so short now? It won't even let you scroll down the list.

Whip aout about:config, locate browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and change the value to something bigger.

I'm using Firefox 3.0 right now, it seems more resource friendly than 2.0.x.x. I'm still awaiting the rest of my plugins to be updated. :)

I'm using Firefox 3.0 right now, it seems more resource friendly than 2.0.x.x. I'm still awaiting the rest of my plugins to be updated. :)

See my post on page one on how to update those addons yourself. It's easy, besides, they might never be updated or it could be a while!

See my post on page one on how to update those addons yourself. It's easy, besides, they might never be updated or it could be a while!

I'd rather wait and see, I don't have the patience to edit them myself. I know the popular extensions will probably receive updates, the ones that don't I'll edit myself.

I'm using Firefox 3.0 right now, it seems more resource friendly than 2.0.x.x. I'm still awaiting the rest of my plugins to be updated. :P

I actually tried to do that with Fasterfox, followed the directions exactly, but it appears nothing has happened.