Unreal Tournament III for Xbox 360

CoD4 is a really great game. I hate realistic shooters though and I'd take Unreal Tournament and Quake over CoD anyday.

UT3 has more maps, more weapons, heaps of vehicles and more gametypes. I like it a lot more than CoD4 but most people will say CoD4 is a better game overall. Get it if you have a chance and see for yourself.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played any multi UT3 yet but I think I will try it out today.

Well COD4 isn't realistic as other realistic FPS games. It just takes some liberties from Rainbow 6 and OpFlash. CoD4 is an arcady type of an FPS game.

is this a death match FPS type ala Quake 3?

OMG! You've never heard of Unreal Tournament? :P Unreal Tournament was released the SAME YEAR as Quake 3:Arena so it was seen as THE only true rival to Q3's deathmatch! Unreal Tournament AKA UT99 was known as the much deeper FPS to Quake 3:Arena back in 1999 due to its inclusion of secondary firing modes on all of its guns and many different multiplayer game modes! :P The UT bots' AI was much better than the bots found in Quake 3 too! :peopleseybrow:

is this a death match FPS type ala Quake 3?

OMG! You've never heard of Unreal Tournament? :P Unreal Tournament was released the SAME YEAR as Quake 3:Arena so it was seen as THE only true rival to Q3's deathmatch! Unreal Tournament AKA UT99 was known as the much deeper FPS to Quake 3:Arena back in 1999 due to its inclusion of secondary firing modes on all of its guns and many different multiplayer game modes! :P The UT bots' AI was much better than the bots found in Quake 3 too! :peopleseybrow:

Eh, I prefer Q3 over UT99.

Well COD4 isn't realistic as other realistic FPS games. It just takes some liberties from Rainbow 6 and OpFlash. CoD4 is an arcady type of an FPS game.

True, which is why I guess I play CoD4 at all.

But then UT3 is on a whole different scale of 'arcadey' to CoD4.

While very good for developers, I've talked to quiet a few modders, they are impressed with the engine, but totally at awe at the sdk. I've gotten a few "this sucks compared too UT2k3/2k4" and "screw this crap". There only a few dedicated mod teams out there willing to bring a whole new TC to the engine (quite happy that SnowReal is doing pretty well, I'm a big fan of what other things can be done with an engine). Someone could say that it's still early in the cycle for some good mods to come out, but it's pretty much Source all over again. No good mods out in the first 6 months of release, now there's just, what? Zombie Panic: Source (I test that!), Empires (get's alot of play on Euro servers more then American ones), Insurgency (Realistic shooter TC), Pirates, Vikings & Knights (Fun for the whole family!), Minerva (great SP mod to check out, very good and creative use of vanilla HL2 textures), Hidden: Source (moddb it, decent mod), Dystopia and about 5-6 other good to great quality mods that are out to try out. I can't exactly speak about any unreleased ones, but one to mention is NeoTokyo: Source, which I also test. No release time frame for it, but the game has solid coding and rewards one man armies and not the whole team while still keeping the sense of teamplay with different classes. I believe a teaser video will be up soon for it. Just a worthy thing to say.

Edit: Now that I think about it, UT2k3 and 2k4 had TONS of mods that were WIP, but a great majority of them didn't even come out. Just PRAY that mod community doesn't dump it in 12 months time. Because that's what all it took for them to not care about 2k3 and 2k4, dispite the great selection and great quality of mods released like Troopers of Destiny and Red Orchestra.

This is true. I haven't taken a good look at the SDK yet (since I don't have the game yet) but alot of hate seems to stem from the fact it's in game stuff that inacessable. At least we know the problems with Source and Source OB would be it's vehicle and net coding (It's solid for both team & regular deathmatch, but requires alot of work if you plan to do additional features). And only one of those can be improved upon exponentionally.