Unreal Tournament III for Xbox 360

Unreal Tournament III is coming out for the 360 on July 3. I'm curious as to who is getting it and who will be playing on Live?

There are 3 reasons why UT3 on the PC isn't that great. 1) I don't have the hardware for it, 2) there are bugs all voer the place that still haven't been patched for more than 6 months, and 3) hardly anyone is playing it online, let alone people on Australian / Oceanic servers. So yeh my CE game and key are gathering dust as we speak.

I am going to pick it up for the 360 in any case, and am wondering if anyone feels the same way and also what they think the Live community for this game will be like?

PS on the mods front, mods can be submitted to Epic to cook for the 360, and they plan on releasing them each month on the Live Game Store. Epic will also only be charging for any DLC they create, while mod community releases will remain free.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a death match FPS type ala Quake 3?

Yes and no. Deathmatch is the staple of UT, but it also has a single player campaign / story mode, Capture the Flag, and an Assault-like new mode. Vehicles are included too... 16 of them I think?

I'll get it (of course I wont pay for it) I'm not sure how it will do on live, I doubt it can pull people away from COD4 and H3. I wish the shadowrun community was still there. that was a good shooter imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Epic has decided to put up a bunch of dedicated servers on Live for UT3. You can find servers for East and West (presumably US East coast / West coast) in the server browser now.

All servers I've tried so far have been great, despite me being halfway across the world from the US.

Anyone been playing this online recently?

Epic has decided to put up a bunch of dedicated servers on Live for UT3. You can find servers for East and West (presumably US East coast / West coast) in the server browser now.

All servers I've tried so far have been great, despite me being halfway across the world from the US.

Anyone been playing this online recently?

Saw you play yesterday. Is it as great as COD4? I am really into COD4 now despite the fact that i sucked in that game XP