monkeynz

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt hes coming back because the version says "final"

LAST DS2WIN EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Don't think so...

The next version can be 0.83 or 1.00 or 0.83beta or 1.00beta.

Some homebrew even have name like this (on beta release)

(Name) Ver 1.4 finalfinalbeta1

Hi Guys,

Yes this will probably be the last release, if I release any more updates they will just be minor fixes.

I'll be releasing the source code shortly (once I clean it up) for anyone who is interested in picking up the project and taking it a step further.

I've enjoyed the challenge of working on this nice piece of software, its been a lot of fun, hope you guys enjoy using it!

Cheers,

monkeyNZ

Hi Guys,

Yes this will probably be the last release, if I release any more updates they will just be minor fixes.

I'll be releasing the source code shortly (once I clean it up) for anyone who is interested in picking up the project and taking it a step further.

I've enjoyed the challenge of working on this nice piece of software, its been a lot of fun, hope you guys enjoy using it!

Cheers,

monkeyNZ

Noooooooooo :o

I'm having problems with the configuration file, it isn't saved right, it gets somehow corrupted.

I dunno what are the first characters for, but the last 10 (gamepad setup) just misses the first key and a unknown key is added (ascii ÿ).

I'm using ezIV lite deluxe and dldi patched the ds.gba version with the dldi file for slow sd cards.

I corrected the file deleting the last byte and adding a dummy byte between the button config and the first characters on the ini file, and worked, but the next time I run ds2win it was messed up again.

Also I can't seem able to change and store the config once the ini file is created, but for the behaviour above described it does actually save the ini file to the card.

Any suggestions?

hi,

first i have to say that i luv ur program and i kinda think its the most usefull homebrew programm ;)

i was astonished by the ease of use like the wfc autoconnect feature, what shows that you really put a lot of effort into it, but i still have a bug when using the virtual desktop mode,

the screens stop to refresh after a short period of time... while the remote funktions, moving the mouse etc. still remain working. :P

when trying the programm on a friends network the problem didn´t occur, so i was checking my system-configurations but couldn´t figure out the problem.

maybe somebody had a similar problem and could tell me where the failure is at.

greets stuka47

hi,

i really tried hard last days to get that working ,but i couldn´t handle it :P

so i´m trying to get a hint from you (monkeynz) or somebody else willing to help me :huh:

i tried some of the earlier versions (before 0.8) and nearly all of your .82x versions, beside your .82 version for witch you announced it shouldn´t freese.

i tried two OS: XP and Vista, opened port 8888 as UDP (also tried TCP), added firewall exception, deaktivatet firewall, deaktivatet antivirus software and tried a lot of ip configurations, but still wasn´t able to figure out why it stops refreshing.

so maybe you could tell if youre done with this app/thread.

but i hope somebody else could help me otherwhise,

ps: as i tried the app at a friends network i couldnt believe how good it really worked, if it just could do so at my home network, this version would work for me very well :huh:

hi,

i really tried hard last days to get that working ,but i couldn´t handle it :)

so i´m trying to get a hint from you (monkeynz) or somebody else willing to help me :)

i tried some of the earlier versions (before 0.8) and nearly all of your .82x versions, beside your .82 version for witch you announced it shouldn´t freese.

i tried two OS: XP and Vista, opened port 8888 as UDP (also tried TCP), added firewall exception, deaktivatet firewall, deaktivatet antivirus software and tried a lot of ip configurations, but still wasn´t able to figure out why it stops refreshing.

so maybe you could tell if youre done with this app/thread.

but i hope somebody else could help me otherwhise,

ps: as i tried the app at a friends network i couldnt believe how good it really worked, if it just could do so at my home network, this version would work for me very well :D

I'm not sure why it stops working after a while, does it work again if you select Reconnect from the menu?

Could possibly be something to do with your wireless hub.

I'm not sure why it stops working after a while, does it work again if you select Reconnect from the menu?

Could possibly be something to do with your wireless hub.

The reconnect feature doesn´t work after the sceens stop refreshing, it just stays at the waiting screen.

i also think its something about the hub, but i don´t know whether it´s a wrong setting or if the router is incompatible.

i´m using a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7113 router with the latest firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

long tiem lurker, first time poster, sorry i have to start with a request:

Great app, good choice on delphi, nice of your to put UPX in the source zip, haha. but seriously, i have never coded any c/++ for the DS and if oyu are willing to add 2 EASY features then lord help me i wont have to :unsure:

Request:

1. Variable port. VERY easy to add. needs 1 additional text box (and some bound checking) in the server app, and adding a second argument to sendTouchUDP, adding another popup screen, or adding parsing to the IP in the format of XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT. i know i could do this, but lets be honest you are MUCH more familiar with your code already, and have ds coding experience, so i beg you please, add an option to change default port. if you have to, you could skip the ds menu input of the port and just read it from the ini file along with the IP. it would mean the user would have to connect once on the default port, but could then go into the INI with any text editor.

2.DNS instead of or in addition to IP. i'm pretty sure libwifi has this in it already, all that would need to be done is check if the IP stored in the ini fits the standard XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, or XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT if request #1 gets filled haha, and if it doesnt, dns lookup on null term'd c-string and return resultant IP. this one might be a bit harder ,im not sure i could do it, ive never written any code that does dns lookups, and im not intamitly familiar with the protocol beyond port 53, request, ack, data, ..., PROFIT!. so i'd be counting on you a LOT for this one.

if you are absolutely 110% uninterested in either of these ideas, which i think would greatly improve the usability of your app, especially across the internet instead of just locally, then i have one lsat request. please list all needed libraries besidesyour delphi assembler/IDE, any changes from default devkitPRO directories, and i guess wifi lib version. i'd REALLY hate to tread all through someone elses code then not be able to compile the darn thing :)

Thank you in advance, again this is a wonder program, you have mad great strides with it since your began with the source, and your code is mostly readable with very very few "omg what the hell" exceptions.

P.S. Comments dude, commends, you know what the function does, and i know what it does NOW, but i could have known 10 minutes ago :) hehehe j/k thanks again!