How to connect your DS to your PC! (Easy to follow instructions)

icefirebird333

First, get all the proper files.

PPjoy, DSpad, and DS2key.

Ok, let's start.

1. Install all the files in their proper places.

PPjoy- PC

DS2Key-PC

DSPad- DS (Be sure to apply DLDI)

Once you've installed them all, make the file works on your DS. Don't connect just yet.

2. Go to your router's firewall settings, and look for something that allows programs through it.

Set it as these settings:

Name: DSPad02

And set the ports to: 8888

3. Now, open command prompt, and enter ipconfig, you should get a bunch of mumbo jumbo, look at the top for your IP address, it looks like:

IPv4 Address . . . . . . . . . :

Keep it open.

4. Go to your DSpad on your DS and go to the computer icon, then to the computer with the plug, now, enter 9501 on the local port and the server point.

And enter your IP address where it says server IP.

The port may not work, if it doesn't, go to the DS2Key and run it. It'll say which port is open, what the number says is what you put for the port on your DS.

5. Now, You must click ok! Click it whenever you see the "OK" button. Once your at the main menu, click the bottom right hand icon, this saves the settings you just entered. If it isn't highlighted, you didn't click the OK buttons!

6. Now, run DS2Key, it'll run in a command prompt. Now, go to your to the settings again, and click the middle icon, and set it to DS2Key compatibility mode. Be sure to save your settings!

7. Now, click that beautiful controller on the main menu. Click player 1, let it load. Now, once it loads, on the command prompt, you should see it recognizing your DS as a input device!!!

Congrats you have you just connected you DS as a controller.

PPjoy instructions are included with the program download, so no need to explain that.

Also, I still don't understand how to make the joystick (touch screen) work for emulators XD.

Hope this helps you all!

-the Icefirebird

• 8 months later...

i dont get any of this... either i'm too much of an idiot or the author isnt keeping word with the topic title...

1. Install all the files in their proper places.

PPjoy- PC

DS2Key-PC

DSPad- DS (Be sure to apply DLDI)

where are these so called proper places? how do i install sth to the ds?

if that would be told, i really would call this thread easy to follow, but like this, any newbie will be desperate.

if anyone could explain this part to me, i would be really happy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

after getting ds2key and dspad to work, its pretty awesome. only one problem - the programs (ds2key AND dspad) only seem to work on a very small area in the center of the screen, and therefore only a small area is controllable on my pc. or, maybe its the other way around. im not quite sure. if anyone could give me some advice, i would be very thankful.

this things pretty cool though :)

e' - nvm. with some monkeying, i got it to work. use the old gui DS2Key 1.0(SVN), let it crash (it does for me for some reason). reopen it, hit disconnect. open the new server that rostpocks posted above, run it, reconnect with the gui, and now i have full screen coverage (save for the borders of the ds screen). wewt!

E'2 - need help here. full screen coverage, but i cant get it to send any button presses. for example, i bound left click to B and right click to A (on the DS), set the DS2Key program on the DS to profile 1, set the profile number on the PC GUI to 1, and the server recognizes the profile change, but doesnt send any clicks or anything. also, it doesnt seem to work with the guitar hero grip (it says unknown command (/gb0 or /gb1) and gy, gr, gg. any help on those two subjects? i really want to use this to play WoW rofl.

Edited by plasma dragon007

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

i did it just like you said but nothing happen, should i have open a snes emulator??or another emulator?? please help me i have like two days trying to do this :ph34r: mi mail is solisricardo91@hotmail.com