PlayStation 3's RSX Chip less powerful than Xbox 360 GPU

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Those PS3 fanboys will probably point out that it takes more than hardware to make a successful console though. :rolleyes:

Yeh, it would take things like games, online services... oh wait.

Heh...won't get any argument from me! :P Xbox 360 got version C of Virtua Fighter 5 while the PS3 only has Version B.

The PS3 fanboys will definitely point out exclusives for the PS3 such as MGS4:Guns of the Patriots, FFXIII and probably Tekken 6 though! :D

Alot of people don't see it that way.

Don't see it as being just about the games?

That much is proven by the amount of blind brand loyalism out there.

The PS3 fanboys will definitely point out exclusives for the PS3 such as MGS4:Guns of the Patriots, FFXIII and probably Tekken 6 though! :rolleyes:

For everyone one of those unreleased exclusives, the 360 has at least 2 to replace them. Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey... not to mention games in the pipe like those Square RPGs or Gears 2. Or all the multiplatformers that perform better.

And yeh I said Bioshock and Mass Effect, but again, who is to say Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII or, dare I say it, MGS4 won't show up on the 360 a year from now?

Not many games interest me this generation. Hope that changes soon.

I wonder how long those PS3 exclusives will remain exclusive?

Are there rumours suggesting those titles won't remain exclusive to the PS3? :rolleyes:

None that I know of to be honest, but you never know...

There is no reason not to. Apart from with Konami for the exclusivity of MGS4 (no one knows how long, but lifetime agreements for 3rd party games are rare), there is no dollar amount in a contract that is holding Square and Namco back.

There'd be no real reason not to port those games over as they'd no doubt turn a profit. Lest we all forget Resident Evil 4? The worst that could happen is they'd piss off some brass at Sony.

Really, out of all PS3 games, I am only interested in FFXIII, MGS4 and Tekken 6! 3 games does not justify a purchase of a system. Unless they can last me more than a year (well I know Tekken can :rolleyes:).

But X360 is addictive. I've been playing X360 games AND XBOX games like Doom3, NG Black, Fatal Frame 2. Goes to show X360 do better in term of Backward compability.

In the world of Console business, if they don't turn a profit, they'll take the hit or release it on 360/PC to earn the money back.

Alot of this generation's best games thus far are multiplatform. I mean in that sense if it's out on 2 of the 3 systems (As in, out of the PC/PS3/360), it's a multiplatform game. DMC4 sold alot, and their still releasing a PC verison when they don't really have to. Heck, RE4 sold alot, yet they still released a PC version (and re-released on Wii to boot). In this generation of gaming, any 3rd party franchise is not safe on one exlusive system anymore. Civilization is once again, coming back to Consoles for the first time in about a decade with Civ: Revolution also.

End consumers will reap the benefit. Gamers are spoiled for choices now. Same game, multi platform, choose which console you want to play it on. It's all goood!!!