UEFA Euro 2008

Cindy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand it either. But the trend is there. The teams that rest longer all lost; Portugal, Croatia and now Netherland.

With this trend, I will predict Italy winning tonight and final will be Germany Vs Italy.

Netherlands, learn how to play next time :)

Now, I hope Spain will win over Italy. I don't want to see a final between Germany and Italy :/

Netherlands, learn how to play next time :)

Now, I hope Spain will win over Italy. I don't want to see a final between Germany and Italy :/

you want have to worry about that.

italy lost on penalties,it wasnt a good game to watch but at least italy are out.

so germany vs turkey and spain vs russia in the semis.the spain-russia game will be good both play good attacking football and im not gonna predict who will be in the final but you would think the germans would beat turkey.

Am guessing the final could be Germany vs Russia.

For Turkey, captain Nihat is out of the team according news (injured) and on his way home. And if am right 2 other players won't play cause of yellow cards. I think that means a doable task for Germany.

Spain will be interesting to watch. After kicking Holland, Russia seems to be able giving the big teams a hard time. I doubt the result will be something like the 4:1 win on the part of Spain over again.

Down to the paper I think we have Germany for the win. But as L.S.D. notes, it's mixed up pretty much. Hope we see solid games cause the most defensive teams are out by now.

Wishdokta's mini summup:

Germany - maybe the one you call allrounder. Not the most dangerous front, but decent structure and fitness.

Turkey - Not that offensive but a great spirit throughout competition. I doubt without key players they display their killer instinct once more.

Spain - Dream forwards. On the other side, maybe Russia's chance to revenge the initial 1:4 loss.

Russia - Well, the surprise box. Running, fighting, zone defending, scoring. I wonder if the teams get behind the fact they play deadly on either side of the penalty box. Maybe that's the heel where you can absorb their fast and cheeky attacks.

Thx, and greetings from Switzerland. It was 25-30 degrees during whole night :);)

Edited by Wishdokta

Turkey is Missing 9 of her players ... and the Extra Keeper may join the team as Striker XD

Germany need to be Realistic and then they will win.

Russia will have the upper hand in Spain match , Spain defense is very slow and that where Russia will hit ^^

Congrats to Spain. Viva Espania.

The team with best teamplay and actually the team happy to play football instead of thinking of money and personal topics won this championship.

Impressed of the quality of their single players. Over 15 very capable guys.

For once Spain had a decent back 4, as well as the good midfield/strikers that they usually have. The German defense was abominable. IMO the last quality defender they had was Matthias Sammer and he retired in '98.