Metal Gear Solid 4 requires 4800MB Install

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh but in those days Sony let you publish your MvC2s and your Tekken Tags to CD if you liked. Now they don't allow any PS3 software to be printed on DVD9s even if the publishers would like to.

Well flock Sony. People shouldn't need approval from another company to release a product that happens to be compatible with theirs.

Well, if it enhances the gaming experience, I don't mind HDD installation. I do wish X360 have this option. I have 120GB of space which i do not know what to do with it........

Yeah, I thought 120GB was a bit excessive myself. Sure just do what you normally do with a hhd with a load of space on it.. fill it with pr0n :rolleyes:

that's what I did with my PS3, of course music vids and movies.

Well, the game is out. Anyone playing it can give an unbiased view? I have enough of the biased view in Gamefaqs with xbots invading the mGS4 board.

Storywise it's great, but leads to confusion at times. Some voiced their displeasure with the B&B unit when compared to series' previous gangs. Various reviewers suggest revisiting the past games to fully understand the story. Graphically, they could of worked more on texturing, but it does not deter from the gameplay experience. Sound is decent, some are saddened that they are no Dual-Voice tracks, if they decided to encode the sound other then just dumping it on uncompressed, they would of managed have both English and Japanese voice track selection.

In short, this game is capable to be ran on anything. Shoddy texture work and all.

In short, this game is capable to be ran on anything. Shoddy texture work and all.

Agreed. Despite what that moron on the Bonus Round said, this does not need to be majorly reworked to run on a 360.

Pretty much. This can run on a PC and 360 with what MGS4 has showed off. Bottom line is they didn't bother to compress anything. Not even put anything in some sort of codec for the audio and movie files either. They really did just dump them on the disc and called it a day. The only thing I think of being reworked is how to handle textures and audio cues. Which would, as I said, require compressing.

PS3 fanboys can eat their heart out and say it'll never run on a 360. It's still a great game, but I'm just saying, what they showed in game is nothing fantastic to the eye that we haven't already seen.