The OFFICIAL PS3 Vs X360 Vs Wii

L.S.D

Which system is the best in your opinion?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PC need constant upgrades. Your hardware will become obsolete in a very short period and you are force to fork out good money to achieve the type of consistent performance in a console.

I agree although it is mostly limited to the graphics card(s) since that part gets put under the most strain in gaming.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still replace innovative and diverse with 'gimmicky' and 'impulse purchase' when talking about the Wii. They haven't done much to prove me wrong. WiiWare comes on the heels of free community games for Live- considering how many 360s there are online compared to Wiis I think the service will be a tough sell for a lot of people.

Even if you ignore the motion sensing portions of the Wiimote, the two halves of the controller being separate is a step forward, I think. It allows for more freedom. No longer are your hands tied together like a prisoner! Be free!

Also, when I say diverse, I refer the different control schemes you can use. Most games allow you to play with just the Wiimote, the Wiimote nunchuck combo, the "classic" controller, or a Gamecube controller.

Finally, you don't have to upgrade computers that often. Maybe every four or five years. About the life of a console.

Finally, you don't have to upgrade computers that often. Maybe every four or five years. About the life of a console.

Are you sure about that one? That sounds about right for the CPU itself but that sounds WAY off when it comes to the graphics card since many games are graphics memory hogs such as Crysis or Doom 3 was when it was released several years ago! :rolleyes:

Are you sure about that one? That sounds about right for the CPU itself but that sounds WAY off when it comes to the graphics card since many games are graphics memory hogs such as Crysis or Doom 3 was when it was released several years ago! :rolleyes:

That would depend on what you want to play, some people are quite content with getting a top of the line card and using it for 5 to 8 years, as it can play nearly every game on the market regardless of graphical quality. Nothing will run Crysis at full for another year or two. Doom 3 could be played on Ultra on a 9800 Pro (I did it) with some careful and proper config editing and unzipping all the texture contents.

I honestly do not see whats so amazing about the Wii.

It's cheap and the masses of so-called 'casual' gamers are morons.

And you make good money out of morons.

Think I have played it a total of three times. The whole emulation buying ROMs aspect of it is retarded, any gamer with half a brain knows what true emulation is and how to get it.

But gamers with half a brain aren't buying a Wii for the retro games.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, hardly anyone knows what emulation even is.

I honestly do not see whats so amazing about the Wii.

It's cheap and the masses of so-called 'casual' gamers are morons.

It's also quite easy to forget that the Wii has also inspired far more news stories with its Wii Fitness game too. Many morons out there think of Wii when they think of a console that may be good for you. It also helps that it appears to be the most family friendly of the consoles too. I've even heard of some corporations buying Wiis as prizes for a few of their employees! :lol: