The OFFICIAL PS3 Vs X360 Vs Wii

L.S.D

Which system is the best in your opinion?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"-No central unified online service". It's called the PSN. Google it :P

It's not central- servers are neither owned nor run by Sony.

It's not unified- every game has its own isolated online space and there are no unified friends lists.

PSN is basically a shop page run by Sony, and a GUI for the games to sort out their own online business. Nice try.

"-No central unified online service". It's called the PSN. Google it ^_^

It's not central- servers are neither owned nor run by Sony.

It's not unified- every game has its own isolated online space and there are no unified friends lists.

PSN is basically a shop page run by Sony, and a GUI for the games to sort out their own online business. Nice try.

You win this one, but not the war. :P

360 gets my vote every time,but at least with a wii it has been cracked so wecan run emus and homebrew if we please.i know the 360 can run nescafe through windows media centre and the ps3 can run a couple of emus through linux but the performance is rather crap.

I vote the Wii. It has the most games exclusive to the platform due to its innovative and diverse control schemes. Online is free, even if it does have a few flaws (I've never personally noticed them). It's the cheapest of the consoles, costing as little as a third as the PS3 did at release. It also has a backlog of titles from across various Nintendo platforms, unlike the PS3 having no backwards compatibility and the 360 having limited compatibility(possibly full, but I swear I remember a few games not working right). Third party games are going to open up really quickly, too, with Wii Ware or whatever it's called. I remember Square-Enix releasing something that became ridiculous popular very quickly.

The PS3 is last, because most of its games are on the 360, and the 360 is second because most of its games are on the PC. Neither have any real innovation, unless you consider Blu-Ray innovation, and hey, if you have the flawless eyesight required to appreciate Blu-Ray, more power to ya. I do have to give props to X-Box Live. It requires payment, which is a bummer, but it has a nice list of features that have already been covered in this thread. Last I heard, the PS3 Home wasn't even finished yet.

If the PC were a choice, it'd be first, but it's not really a console. You can't really beat the versatility and power of a PC, though.

I vote the Wii. It has the most games exclusive to the platform due to its innovative and diverse control schemes. Online is free, even if it does have a few flaws (I've never personally noticed them). It's the cheapest of the consoles, costing as little as a third as the PS3 did at release. It also has a backlog of titles from across various Nintendo platforms, unlike the PS3 having no backwards compatibility and the 360 having limited compatibility(possibly full, but I swear I remember a few games not working right). Third party games are going to open up really quickly, too, with Wii Ware or whatever it's called. I remember Square-Enix releasing something that became ridiculous popular very quickly.

The PS3 is last, because most of its games are on the 360, and the 360 is second because most of its games are on the PC. Neither have any real innovation, unless you consider Blu-Ray innovation, and hey, if you have the flawless eyesight required to appreciate Blu-Ray, more power to ya. I do have to give props to X-Box Live. It requires payment, which is a bummer, but it has a nice list of features that have already been covered in this thread. Last I heard, the PS3 Home wasn't even finished yet.

If the PC were a choice, it'd be first, but it's not really a console. You can't really beat the versatility and power of a PC, though.

PC need constant upgrades. Your hardware will become obsolete in a very short period and you are force to fork out good money to achieve the type of consistent performance in a console.