The OFFICIAL PS3 Vs X360 Vs Wii

L.S.D

Which system is the best in your opinion?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we have so many people debating on which system is better in every game that are mentioned here, might as well open up a thread to debate on it :P

Just don't start name-calling, flame wars etc etc.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLAME ON! Seriously folks, we're all adults here (I hope so). Just be constructive. :P

My vote goes to the XBOX 360:

Pro's

- Great games

- Flashable for backups

- XBOX Live is top notch

Con's

- Can get a RROD

- No built-in wireless

My #2 would have to be the Nintendo Wii. But it's about to get hit by a tornado, as I'm afraid if Nintendo isn't going to be able to pull any new good games after Mario Kart Wii. It seems like all I'm seeing is a pile of dust.

And PS3 gets last place for me only because most games are out on the 360. However, it does have Blu-ray and it does have free online play. I'm not really too fond of Blu-ray at the moment, only because the movies themselves are too overpriced. But I think in the end, PS3 may just get the #1 spot. It's just a matter of what they have after MGS4 and how many new buyers they can get.

EDIT: I'll probably buy a PS3 as soon as it hits the $200-$250 price range. Blu-ray players can't be expensive for that long and that'll bring the price of the PS3 down.

XBOX 360

Pros

-More good games

-Cheaper price point

-Great online service

-Achievements, Gamerscore, GamerCards

Cons

-Old models were prone to RRoDs

-Doesn't support keyboard/mouse

-Some drives are very loud

PS3

Pros

-Blu-ray playback

-Linux OS

-Wifi built-in

-Bluetooth connectivity

Cons

-Few games worth buying

-All multiplatform games except Burnout Paradise perform worse on the PS3

-BD-ROM speed capped at a pathetic 2x

-Longer load times

-Mandatory installs on most games at startup, and 4 confirmed points where data must be installed in MGS4

-No central unified online service

-PS2 BC effectively cut

-Absurd price point for a games console

-Much higher energy requirements than the 360

Wii

Pros

-Cheap

-???

Cons

-No games worth buying beyond a handful of 1st party games

-Weak hardware spec and storage

In truth, PS2 BC non-availability really bum me out when I am choosing which console to buy. Here i was hoping that i could play classic PS2 games like FFX and it turns out that I can't! One of the reasons i choose X360.

In truth, PS2 BC non-availability really bum me out when I am choosing which console to buy. Here i was hoping that i could play classic PS2 games like FFX and it turns out that I can't! One of the reasons i choose X360.

The BC debacle was the exact point where I stopped thinking 'I'm waiting for the PS3 no matter what' and started thinking 'the Xbox looks alright, has a few good games' etc etc. The rest is history.

xbox360 by a mile. great games, good online, handy media center integration. bonus for firmware flashing and BC. minus points for expensive proprietary hard drives.

the Wii just doesn't have the wheels to go all the way for me. lack of good games, cumbersome online. limited storage.

PS3 is just sad imo, mish mash online, confusing SKUs, high price, inferior multiplatform games. bonus for easy harddrive upgrades, wifi and bluetooth.

I voted none o the above, because:

1. I've never touched any of them.

2. I hate to form opinions on matters that I know very little about

Now, in the light of what has been said in the past and taking into consideration what the future might hold, I'll probably for for the PS3. Thanks to the Blu-Ray drive.

I really don't see blueray as a selling point. dvds are still strong, and digital distribution is getting further every day it seems.