2008 Review of the PS3

Gouken

I don't believe it either. Must be Sony "massaging" the number to look good.

Businesses always do that to gain market confidence.

Similar to how Sony marketed the PS3 as being more powerful then the 360? Something that has been proven false.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it either. Must be Sony "massaging" the number to look good.

Businesses always do that to gain market confidence.

Similar to how Sony marketed the PS3 as being more powerful then the 360? Something that has been proven false.

Yeah, like the rumor that X360 couldn't handle VF5. It has been proven false now.

The PS3's number crunching capability smokes the 360's. Even as an Xbox owner I have to admit the hardware in the PS3 is far superior- the main problem is that it does not translate to a better gaming experience at all.

The hardware is awesome but the platform fails and that isn't the machine's fault- it's Sony's for a long line of poor marketing and design choices.

The PS3's number crunching capability smokes the 360's. Even as an Xbox owner I have to admit the hardware in the PS3 is far superior- the main problem is that it does not translate to a better gaming experience at all.

The hardware is awesome but the platform fails and that isn't the machine's fault- it's Sony's for a long line of poor marketing and design choices.

Since all the chips are made by IBM, both X360 and PS3 should house the same capability. Only how the chips are utilized is different for each consoles. As of now, it seems that X360's chips are utilised better and provide more efficiency. This is evident on games that are cross-platform. Also, the 2X speed of the blu-ray drive did not help.

Since all the chips are made by IBM, both X360 and PS3 should house the same capability. Only how the chips are utilized is different for each consoles. As of now, it seems that X360's chips are utilised better and provide more efficiency. This is evident on games that are cross-platform. Also, the 2X speed of the blu-ray drive did not help.

Chips in these machines are also produced by nVidia and AMD. But that is irrelevant- they are completely different chips. The two systems have wildly different capabilities, potential and actual, even if one chip in each may come from the same vendor.

I agree the 360 hardware is being utilised better, but the hardware itself is far from identical to the PS3's.

They are different, bottom line. That doesn't mean that they both can't provide the same experience. Like with the PS2 (I hope no one has forgotten how hard it was to program for that compared to the DC) it will take time to take advantage of what the PS3 can do. I understand this. Which is why when people say "My 360 game looks better" I have a "Just wait" grin on my face.

I have a "Just wait" grin on my face.

While they have an 'I don't have to wait' grin on their face.

Not to mention that the full graphical capabilities of the PS3 may never be realised, or at least on a small scale like the Saturn was, due to it's own 'difficult' hardware.

well you actually get to play the game not watch it unfold in cut scenes. ;)