Can my computer run Sonic Adventure 2 nulldc?

I'm kinda new to Dreamcast emulation, but can my computer run nulldc, specifically Sonic Adventure 2? Because when I tried, it has all these weird lines blocking my view, and the draw distance AND fps is horrible. BTW SA1 works fine.

I have a WinXP with:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

Help!java script:emoticon(':freakingpissed:', 'smid_15')

:gathering:

P.S: My parents wouldn't let me buy a dreamcast if I wanted to, and it would be sort of a waste.

In DC emulation for some reason, Sonic Adventure 2 is always almost up there with MvC2. It turned out to be one of the most disappointing gaming experiences of my life. Good luck with it though!

How do I check RAM? Also, I think the problem may lie in the fact i have to use the chankast video plugin and sound plugin. i tried the nulldc plugins, but the emulator crashed with a generic windows error.

How do I check RAM? Also, I think the problem may lie in the fact i have to use the chankast video plugin and sound plugin. i tried the nulldc plugins, but the emulator crashed with a generic windows error.

Right Click My Computer - - > Properties

Yet it won't let me use the nulldc plugins, only chankast. Like i said, a windows error comes up and the emulator crashes. :freakingpissed:

Edit: Is that whats causing the lines?

Edited by nooblet

Yes, you are being rude. This isn't IRC, have some patience.

The amount of RAM you have or what kind of a video card you have do not play such a big role, at least not as big as your CPU. That is, you don't have to have huge amounts of RAM or the latest and greatest graphics card to be able to use emulators just fine.

Emulation of any system is heavily dependent on CPU speed. The graphics card simply provides and output for the graphics and does little else. RAM usually just needed to store the required amount of texture data.

Having said all this however, your graphics card is the culprit is you have weird lines, as it's teetering on the line of what's considered below minimum requirements and nearly worthless for emulating complex 3D hardware. Why? The GeForce4 MX 4000 is basically a GeForce2 with a slightly enhanced feature set, and a GeForce2 is definitely below any perceived minimum requirements for Dreamcast emulation. The only thing you can do is to update your graphics card drivers and hope for the best, I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you, though.