So I ordered the MGS4 80GB PS3 from amazon...

Mag

today at 10:00am PST. Anyway, I think I'm a bit screwed up because I selected Free shipping. Now, I have to wait a little longer as much as 3 weeks from now in order to get my hands on it. I also ordered a HDMI cable because I heard the PS3 only comes with an AV cable. First things first, com on Sony WTF? OK your try to market a blu-ray player and yet your so cheap that you can't fork over a simple component cable like the 360 let alone HDMI cable. GG Sony >_>

back to topic, I held off on buying a PS3 until today and the MGS4 hype is killing me. Damn you reviewers, even though I only heard they say it's the greatest game they ever play so far, haven't read the reviews yet since it might spoil something or made me even more impatient. I'm not just buying it for MGS4 because of the hype but my birthday is coming up soon and this seems to be the perfect gift to myself.

now onto a few questions, is HDMI any better than component on a 19" LCD TV or I won't be able to tell one difference? and also, I think I already answered my otherquestion, only 26+ can display 1080p?

now onto a few questions, is HDMI any better than component on a 19" LCD TV or I won't be able to tell one difference? and also, I think I already answered my otherquestion, only 26+ can display 1080p?

Only liars will tell you they can tell the difference on any size TV. HDMI may be digital, but the best that does is eliminate noise that analog technology is more susceptible to (Which is non existant with a properly shielded cable that isn't 300 feet long and runs through your entire house), and it carries audio as well. It's DVI with audio, NOTHING more.

As for 26"+ 1080p only, that isn't true. However you will have a very hard time finding a set smaller than that, as even at 36", 1080p over 720/1080i is IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference, unless.......like I said before, you're a liar.

You won't notice any difference really until you get up to the bigger screens like 42", or if you sit 3 inches from the screen :freakingpissed:

I thought MGS4 was 720p anyway?

You won't notice any difference really until you get up to the bigger screens like 42", or if you sit 3 inches from the screen :freakingpissed:

I thought MGS4 was 720p anyway?

I guess he just wanted to know for blu-ray and other games. Umm... you don't need an HDMI cable, the component will do fine for a 720p 19". You're right, Sony really frakked up on the cable selection, I think it was mainly because it's the same cable they always used and they probably have so many of them in warehouses they might as well use them as the primary.

I personally didn't even plug the composite in, at first I had S-Video running and then HDMI when I upgraded. Composite sucks for the PS3. Hopefully Sony will correct this in the future and stop being cheap-o's.