Any of you guys think "Art" is "Fart"?

Alpha

• 4 weeks later...

Art is plain and simple, expression. Some people just don't have a way with words. [ judged by interpreter (individual perception) ] While others can tell a story well, or lead you along emotionally through gestures and tone of voice. So when someone makes art, be it music, words, or paintings etc., Their "version" of expression is portrayed. I can appreciate the second pic, as Inky and Gryph does, but it does not speak to me. I'm sure there are those in which the piece "speaks" to. It invokes an emotional response.

I talk too much. It is the primary way I express myself. I am also an artist. I have not worked on anything in a long while though. When I start drawing again, and sharpen up my ability, I will also get into coloring. Most likely by programs, (scanned in) as well as colored pencils. My artwork, is primarily comic book looking stuff. Or perhaps graphic novel style. When I draw, I really get into it. I pour myself into it. I find myself making the same face... like clenching teeth, or angry eyebrows, when I am drawing that respective part. I literally pour myself into it. I express myself through it. I try to make everything as badass as possible.

But if and when I post my work on the site, I know there will be those who don't appreciate it. It wont mean anything to them.

It's like when I hear someones music. They are all into it, where I think it sounds like explosive diarrhea, filled with pop rocks, and poppers. (little paper wrapped explosive thingies) I can't get into it. I refer to whiny vocals, where the guy sounds like a wimp, "move along move along like I know you do" That crap aint art!!! But alas, that is just my opinion.

Real art, in my opinion, is where someone has a need to express themselves. O.K. here is a good analogy. A musical artist(s), who loves music. And he (they) kicks ass too. It comes through in their music. Then you have those, who use their talents to make money. They are hacks, who fool the general masses (robots) with a "catchy" tune. Their material is crap to my ears, and I see through them. All the little middle school girls love them, but in actuality, they suck ass.

This is how I judge art or fart. Intent, motivation, emotion.

Art:

Mozart

System of a Down

Pink Floyd

I just put a few... tried to be quite diverse though.

Fart:

Blink 182

All American Rejects

Soulja Boy

Mandy Moore

Anyone from American Idol

ETC... (endless list)

Art: Vincent Van Gogh

vangoghgh8.jpg

Fart: Mega Man box art

megamanboxwp1.jpg

Sure that was extreme... but my point rests. Art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. But Someone actually got paid for the Mega Man box art... they should have been charged money instead of paid. ... Mega Mans gun is IN HIS ARM... he doesn't have a pistol. Nor does he wear a loose fitting jumpsuit. The "artist" knew nothing about what he was drawing. And he/she sucks soooo much ass... look at the position of the legs, and arms... and helmet. Hell look at how the fabric folds... it's not even close to realistic. Looks all half-assed, half is giving it too much. The palm trees don't even look right. It's absolute rubbish... I had a more elaborate description as to it's rancidness, but it was over the top, and I didn't want to censor it... so I omitted it.

As someone who has been schooled in art (painting, sculpture, and illustration) for the good part of their life, I can appreciate the painting that GC posted... more so then most people, I'd wager. Many artists would probably disregard the first pic as art, but aslong as it is art to the one that created it, it is art. There is some art that is easier to like than others. Other works of art are really far out there and hard to understand and except as being art. Someone that likes abstract expressionism, isn't going to necessarily like manga, or vice versa. I, myself, tend to lean more towards realism, but I also love manga, american comics etc. So yeah, art is not fart! ^_^

I dare someone to make a fart art.

I just farted out the first few notes of the star spangled banner, Hendrix style. does that count as art?

Art is in the eye of the beholder and I dont think that anyone should say that something is "bad art" because thats bullshit. Art is an opinion. that's all it is to me. I think that in saying that someone's art is crappy makes you a closed minded individual, and that you need to open up your horizons.