2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

Alpha

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it's that time of year. I already feel the nostalgia running through my bones because it's Lakers and Celtics once again! Forget Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, it's now Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett. This is going to be an amazing finals, so I'll be having my eyes glued to the screen.

Anybody have a pick or are betting on the finals? Who do you want to win? I think it's time the Lakers receive the crown once again. I've been following them all season and what they've done has been nothing short, but amazing. Kobe Bryant also has become more of a team player this season than ever before.

Game 1 @ Boston is on right now. :jason2:

wow its like the 80's all over again. I don't follow basketball so I really don't care. but its cool to see two teams that were on top in the 70's and 80's back on top this year..

Ooooh maybe we'll get a genisis/snes 'lakers vs Celtics' remake.

wow its like the 80's all over again. I don't follow basketball so I really don't care. but its cool to see two teams that were on top in the 70's and 80's back on top this year..

Ooooh maybe we'll get a genisis/snes 'lakers vs Celtics' remake.

I don't remember that game. Got some screencaps and some more info about it?

it was a late 80's (i think) snes game. EA made it I think. the beginnings of the EA NBA series.

lakers_vs__celtics.gif

The only vs one I remember is Bulls vs Blazers on the Snes. It wasn't up to much though. Anyway, I hate Bryant, I choose the Celtics. Plus I'm from Ireland... Guinness all round if they win :D

it was a late 80's (i think) snes game. EA made it I think. the beginnings of the EA NBA series.

lakers_vs__celtics.gif

Huh? SNES didn't even come out in the 80s. BUT, it does look a lot like NBA Live. Very interesting.

lakers_vs__celtics.gif

Huh? SNES didn't even come out in the 80s. BUT, it does look a lot like NBA Live. Very interesting.

OK dates wrong. came out in 1990. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakers_vs._Ce...he_NBA_Playoffs

lakers_vs__celtics.gif

OK dates wrong. came out in 1990. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakers_vs._Ce...he_NBA_Playoffs

Interesting trivia for the game:

• Many of the signature moves were inserted without players consent. Moves such as Charles Barkley's gorilla dunk drew controversy and would affect the future of signatures moves and the marketing of the moves for future basketball games.
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was not available in the Sega Genesis version of the game.
  • This game is one of very few to have Michael Jordan playable in the Bulls' roster.
  • The game is well known for an unstoppable dunk performed by Tom Chambers. The dunk starts from just inside the three point line and is never missed.

If only these basketball players weren't so damn greedy. I was always pissed that Michael Jordan was never selectable in most basketball games, until NBA Live 2000, and as a code in some of the games.

Well it seems that Bulls Vs Blazers was the culmination of that series, beginning with Lakers Vs Celtics, then Bulls Vs Lakers, and finally Bulls Vs Blazers. The one I played the most IIRC was NCAA which was a 3D rendition of basketball. It must have been the first 3D version of basketball, I can't remember any coming before that.