Canada's new laws against piracy and much more!

Alpha

I've had friends get busted for drugs but yet the police never care about the stacks of burned game's and dvd's on their table or the hacked satalite receivers .

I doubt anything at all will happen to anyone they even catch (or he/she confesses, it is Canada).

They've actually cut down on hacked receivers about 8 years ago when a bill was passed to block sales of grey market recivers and dishes. But in the last 5 years, RCMP doesn't bother to catch and find both users and dealers of grey market items like those. Illegal, but not as much that everyone does, because apparently there are still alot of customers who buy into Bell's offerings while 5-6% of the market use FTA boxes and hacked recievers. Bell does have a way to fight back though, they've been trying to up their encryption methods in the last 2 years. Their still on the old NAGRA 2 system, which is still easily hackable.

You guys still watch TV? How... archaic. :jason2:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried either. Prove I ever share anything. You can't pinpoint my data to precise files, you can't prove anything in our court system with regards to exactly what my activities were/are.

I'm not on the street selling physical copies.

I know our legal system well, and I'm far from afraid. Best come to my door with the swat team, cause you otherwise aren't getting in without a bat in the face.

Lawsuit? What's that? We aren't Americans, you can't sue for anything here unless it truly causes a person/person lost wages or whatnot. There's no "Pain and suffering" here like in the US for spilling McDonalds coffee in your own lap.

BITE ME CORPORATE GREED! BITE ME HARD!

You guys still watch TV? How... archaic. :D

Free TV.

Illegal TV?

Since they broadcast into my yard it's their fault if I get a signal, That's why it's Free-To-Air :P

Reminds me of another case that is happening. Marc Emery is going threw a huge trial about selling seeds to people across to the U.S NEVER been bothered by Canadian government but the U.S has to go ahead and step into this. Why? They want a life sentence over seeds but will not seek after people who sell seeds in head shops.

Since they broadcast into my yard it's their fault if I get a signal, That's why it's Free-To-Air :clapping:

Exactly!

I hope Canada can survive.

With 25% of the fresh water in the whole world, it's going to become a commdity. Get your bank books out.

Reminds me of another case that is happening. Marc Emery is going threw a huge trial about selling seeds to people across to the U.S NEVER been bothered by Canadian government but the U.S has to go ahead and step into this. Why? They want a life sentence over seeds but will not seek after people who sell seeds in head shops.

I've seen that on tv, It's been ongoing for awhile. Marc is in the right and always has been since he started selling years ago.

As free as the U.S. claims to be there is still alot they want their way. Even when Marc was AOTS they couldn't show him (or anyone) smoking on camera, But yet when the local Canadian news shows his case he's toking the whole interview and even showing his "Illegal" wares.

In the end I'll just keep a watch out for the black vans circling the block before I hide :clapping: