Sony found a way to make money

Devia Eleven

Whats with all the ps3 haters. A couple of years ago everyone was on Sonys' Nuts (playstation 2 anyone), and now everyone bashes left and right. The PS3 is more than a console, is a full blown MediaCenter, it does it all, Movies/games/internet/music/photos/linux and more in the future. The system itself is great. The lack of games, is a whole different thing. As prices drop, and more people start buying the ps3, things will change.

Then I found out people started getting DREs and then my PS2 decided to asplode.

The problem is I'm a gamer. As a gamer, I don't care about those features, like how I don't care about most of the 360's features. I'm in it for the games, and the games alone. Now I could say I hate everything that's popular, but that's not true for the most part. I love MGS series, I can't wait to play it, but I still think the art direction and look of the game is shit. I don't care how nice it looks to other people, it still looks like shit. Nothing is ever going to change my opinion of that.

Also as a gamer; I'm also cheap, which means, can I pirate it? If yes, then it's a good system, if not, well, then it's not worth at least taking a look at it.

I'm not a fanboy

And I'm not an xbot, but you come off as a PS3 fanboy weather you want to or not. It's projected in your posts and in your distaste to the 360.

And to end it: Both do the same thing, it's just a matter of how it's presented. I'm not interested in petty extra features. I want to game, nothing more, nothing less. You can all shove it if you think otherwise.

Their was a reason I didn't like the PS2 and you just said it. But guess what? The 360 is worse. Far, far worse. So you just justified my opinion of the 360 by technically agreeing with me. It doesn't matter if you haven't gotten the RRoD, I've repaired at least 30 360's personally, and saw the great number of complaints online and with friends. It was a rushed system and M$ has and will continue paying for it. If that's not a good enough reason not to own one, and not to like M$ for their folly, then you are a blind fanboy.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you saying owning a PS3 justifies not to own a 360? Please. Just what are you? A wolf in sheep's coat? Or a sheep in a wolf's hide? You still don't justify WHY to get a PS3 over a 360 other then it breaks and different taste in games. Even when the big 3rd party titles are coming out on both systems. Your clearly more fanboy then you think yourself as.

If I had the choice, I'd prefer all this crap come out on PC then 360 or PS3. As a testament to that, if any title eventually gets ported to PC, I get the PC version over the console one. SF4 for PC ftw. I don't have to whine about paying fees or having a server solution when something like that is meant to be P2P.

And you saying owning a PS3 justifies not to own a 360? Please. Just what are you? A wolf in sheep's coat? Or a sheep in a wolf's hide? You still don't justify WHY to get a PS3 over a 360 other then it breaks and different taste in games. Even when the big 3rd party titles are coming out on both systems. Your clearly more fanboy then you think yourself as.

If I had the choice, I'd prefer all this crap come out on PC then 360 or PS3. As a testament to that, if any title eventually gets ported to PC, I get the PC version over the console one. SF4 for PC ftw. I don't have to whine about paying fees or having a server solution when something like that is meant to be P2P.

You're really depressing you know that? I have a firm stance against Microsoft for creating a console that was basically built to fail early on, and is overpriced to begin with in the overall scheme of things. You 'gamers' tout that it's all about the console and the games yet all of you praise the 360's online service and features like you're a bunch of PC fanboys. I remember a time when online wasn't even needed to enjoy a game, and now it's a standard. Who's to say in the future you won't find something else to complain about, like upgradable firmware / spring updates, bluetooth, wifi, larger storage discs, web browser... These are all becoming standard in consoles because believe it or not, consoles are becoming our cheap PC's. Even the Wii has a web browser and online gaming.

You complain that the PS3 is a media center, I praise it for Sony having the balls to try and move forward instead of stand still and continue to add more and more features. So what if you don't use them, the next console you buy will most certainly have all the PS3's features and more and the 5 guys standing behind you in line for it will no doubt use it for just that.

So stand still in an evolving industry and continue to play with one hand tied behind your back, because one day I'll be immersed in a VR world while you're reading the manual wondering how to catch up.

You're really depressing you know that? I have a firm stance against Microsoft for creating a console that was basically built to fail early on, and is overpriced to begin with in the overall scheme of things. You 'gamers' tout that it's all about the console and the games yet all of you praise the 360's online service and features like you're a bunch of PC fanboys. I remember a time when online wasn't even needed to enjoy a game, and now it's a standard. Who's to say in the future you won't find something else to complain about, like upgradable firmware / spring updates, bluetooth, wifi, larger storage discs, web browser... These are all becoming standard in consoles because believe it or not, consoles are becoming our cheap PC's. Even the Wii has a web browser and online gaming.
I call it like how I see it. I don't care if you think I'm negative. You want me to complain about the 360 also? Because I can do that if you fancy that. Cuz hell, I hate Microsoft too for all the crap they've done.

Weather you like it or not. We're the community that makes or break a system of any kind. We praise 360's online services because it's tight nit and it works nearly 100% of the time. You know, like a PC community. Because, maybe you didn't get the memo, but communities BUILT those systems. The PC, the Nintendos, the Sonys and whatever else will come along. Do you remember a time when IT WAS all about the games and not about the features? With that, if you bought it for the features, your a drone. Another type of fanboy. I fully support upgradable frimware, bluetooth and wifi intaration for a more better online gameplay experience. Read that? A better online gameplay experience. Not for your petty excuse for an all-in-one machine for your living room.

You complain that the PS3 is a media center, I praise it for Sony having the balls to try and move forward instead of stand still and continue to add more and more features. So what if you don't use them, the next console you buy will most certainly have all the PS3's features and more and the 5 guys standing behind you in line for it will no doubt use it for just that.
I do complain, because right now, that's all it is. How many fanboys bought the system? Alot. Now how many casual players bought one because it was just a cheap blu-ray player? Alot more. I have no quips with people just buying it for extra features, I have a problem with you and your kind of people. Who think it's the God-given grace that fell from the heaven that's made your life better and your preaching to us on WHY it's better in every way no matter what we think. So yeah, I do believe you are a fanboy, your opinion is very similar to a preacher with pyschosis.
So stand still in an evolving industry and continue to play with one hand tied behind your back, because one day I'll be immersed in a VR world while you're reading the manual wondering how to catch up.
I thrive on owning the latest tech. I share this with my whole family, we have everything. While I don't own a PS3, but I have other family memebers that do, and they own also 360. Guess which gets the most play? The 360. They bought it for the games and treat all those extra features, as extra features. I know how to handle myself when it comes to technology, and I know your needs are different, but you tell us that your needs are the better then ours and we should change our needs to suit you. You just don't get the communities that built up and put out the cash to buy these systems and computers. I believe, you'll be the one who wants all-in-one VR world that would be visually unimpressive, while I'll be in living in colors.

I call it like how I see it. I don't care if you think I'm negative. You want me to complain about the 360 also? Because I can do that if you fancy that. Cuz hell, I hate Microsoft too for all the crap they've done.

Weather you like it or not. We're the community that makes or break a system of any kind. We praise 360's online services because it's tight nit and it works nearly 100% of the time. You know, like a PC community. Because, maybe you didn't get the memo, but communities BUILT those systems. The PC, the Nintendos, the Sonys and whatever else will come along. Do you remember a time when IT WAS all about the games and not about the features? With that, if you bought it for the features, your a drone. Another type of fanboy. I fully support upgradable frimware, bluetooth and wifi intaration for a more better online gameplay experience. Read that? A better online gameplay experience. Not for your petty excuse for an all-in-one machine for your living room.

I do complain, because right now, that's all it is. How many fanboys bought the system? Alot. Now how many casual players bought one because it was just a cheap blu-ray player? Alot more. I have no quips with people just buying it for extra features, I have a problem with you and your kind of people. Who think it's the God-given grace that fell from the heaven that's made your life better and your preaching to us on WHY it's better in every way no matter what we think. So yeah, I do believe you are a fanboy, your opinion is very similar to a preacher with pyschosis.
I thrive on owning the latest tech. I share this with my whole family, we have everything. While I don't own a PS3, but I have other family memebers that do, and they own also 360. Guess which gets the most play? The 360. They bought it for the games and treat all those extra features, as extra features. I know how to handle myself when it comes to technology, and I know your needs are different, but you tell us that your needs are the better then ours and we should change our needs to suit you. You just don't get the communities that built up and put out the cash to buy these systems and computers. I believe, you'll be the one who wants all-in-one VR world that would be visually unimpressive, while I'll be in living in colors.

You are perhaps one of the most one sided, naive individuals I've ever met. It's not about my opinion, it's all about yours and nothing will ever compete. You're being near sighted to the point that it's 'nails-on-chalkboard' annoying. I never came in here preaching the PS3 and how much better it is over the 360, but I did defend it once it was bashed upon.

I went to the PS3 section, which you are currently in, to state my views, opinions, and latest news on the system. Only here did I receive backlash for justifying my purchase. Sure I acted fanboyish, but what other form of reinforcement does a person like you or anyone who comes into the PS3 section just to poke holes in everything I say, respond to? I've only one other place to call upon for experience and people like you are dealt with rather swiftly. You wreak of negativity in nearly everything you write here and I've had enough. You seriously cannot take constructive criticism so stop posting in this section, because it will always be met with just reaction.

I seriously suggest that anyone deliberately coming into different system sections just to annoy fans of their respective consoles be warned for their immature demeanor. Enough is enough.

I closes this thread, and I am warning you both in text. Carry this any further otherwise, and it will be a real warning.

You are BOTH fanboys of your own nature and are too nearsighted to see it. Express your opinion and MOVE ALONG or discuss in a civil manner if need be.

Too much sparks, I turn on hose before flames errupt.

I want to add one thing that Gouken is not understanding.

This is the PlayStation 3 section. However, that does not mean we need to be PS3 fanboys to post here or else we should GTFO. This section is to discuss the PS3- the good and bad. The same goes for the Xbox 360 forum. You have a right to criticise that machine in that forum should you so wish.

But the bottom line is do not make it personal. It is nobody's job to personally champion these systems except their manufacturers.