Sony found a way to make money

Devia Eleven

Today we are announcing that Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network, a highly interactive, monthly lifestyle gaming program covering the world inside PLAYSTATION is on its way to PS3. Qore has been developed to give PS3 users early access to game related content at a level of quality, interactivity and depth. Everything is filmed in HD. Qore will feature exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content.

The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/03/...th-playstation/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we are announcing that Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network, a highly interactive, monthly lifestyle gaming program covering the world inside PLAYSTATION is on its way to PS3. Qore has been developed to give PS3 users early access to game related content at a level of quality, interactivity and depth. Everything is filmed in HD. Qore will feature exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content.

The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/03/...th-playstation/

I saw a video of it and it looks neat. I'll only get an episode when i know something good will be in it though.

You know, offering little things like that is what Live does for free already (the only exception being beta invitations) with Live-Silver.

Live = Pay to play online, get little things like trailers, interivews and such for free.

PSN = Free to play, but get all of the little things like for a dollar or so.

You know, offering little things like that is what Live does for free already (the only exception being beta invitations) with Live-Silver.

Live = Pay to play online, get little things like trailers, interivews and such for free.

most of those little things can be found online with a computer tho, right? and demos are free on PSN

i've never used live and was on PSN once so that's y i ask

Stupid waste of money. You get things "earlier" for 3 bucks. Im good. I dont need trailers as i have the internet. Only way il pay for this is if Home Beta Opens on Qore(Which i predict will)

Today's announcement of Qore met a mixed response from internet commenters. While we're excited to see the potential applications of Qore, it's upsetting to see a subscription model applied to the PSN. Qore, which is $3 a month (or $25 a year), will offer gamers more than just video previews of games. Qore will also provide downloadable games and exclusive demos.

However, what about PSN users that refuse to pay for Qore? They'll have to wait for the biggest demos. SCEA's Susan Panico told Wired that in terms of demos, "Qore is like the network broadcast" of a TV show. The PS Store is like "syndication."

This sounds like a practice currently used on Xbox Live. Free Silver account members have to wait one week to access any free content on Xbox Live Marketplace. For example, if a demo of Madden 09 is available on August 10th, Silver members would have to wait until August 17th to download the demo. The introduction of Qore may cause a similar division within the PSN.

We'll have to wait and see how the community responds to Qore once it releases later this week. In spite of this new development, we're still relieved by PSN's free access to online gaming. Unlike Xbox Live, all members of PSN (paid and unpaid) will still be able to play online.

If you want to comment on Qore, do so, but you haven't been on PSN throughout it's lifespan. I've had making ofs, developer interviews, trailers, demos, betas, wallpapers, themes for free and for a very very long time now. Qore really is just an online magazine of sorts. They'll get content earlier, and probably trailers for games you won't even care for. The only reason I would get it is if a good beta is on it.

Edited by Gouken

And so have Live owners, what's your point? I've been on PSN before and I still have my irks on Sony's online infastructure.

And so have Live owners, what's your point? I've been on PSN before and I still have my irks on Sony's online infastructure.

Nevermind...

Poor Gouken, you guys are all grouping up together and tackling him down. Just wait Gouken, there will be a time that everyone will have a PS3 and XBOX 360. We will all see the same light you see as well.

It just takes time my friend. :D

lol no one is attacking Gouken. He's making good points about his console of choice and we are providing counter points about ours :D