In Game XMB to debut as soon as June 10th?

Gouken

There is also the problem of PS3's list of games that are hit or miss (Thus far, until the release of MGS4). Only a few titles are the on the "must have" lists (This list is more or less MGS4 + FF13's core title, not any of it's spin-offs, the majority of gamers seem to want those 2 more so then any other title). Even if Resistance 2 possible use of streaming data instead of loading everything to ram (How the hell is that gonna happen? Considering a PS3's blu-ray drive is only 2x, while those of us with Blu-Ray players will see an increase in drive speed while those on PS3s will most likely be stuck on 2x blu-ray drives for years to come), the first title, while it made some people's top 10 lists, it still too alot of flack for being too generic and boring on setting, and not offering anything unique in terms of gameplay. Which is, as many people know, a difficult formula to get in FPS games. I do agree that the setting, levels and everything else is generic and not very inspiring. For the life of me, CANNOT get into Resistance at all. I'm a heavy FPS nut as well, and I cannot get into Resistance. As much as I love the idea of WW2 cut short because of an alien invasion as it reminds me alot of some books I've read previously. Dream on paper, but fails at reality (Reality being the game).

In a recent live interview with Ted Price, president of Insomniac Games, all new details were revealed on their upcoming PS3 exclusive FPS, Resistance 2. In order to cover all the details that were given in the interview, we'll summarize it into a quick list, and for those of you who want to read more, click here for Eurogamer's interview.

New Resistance 2 Details:

- Intel Documents will be back expanding the franchise's lore

- More of Hale's background revealed and general history in the game's in-game story as well as the cinematics

- Co-op campaign will also help to flesh out the world with its separate story, although expect no big cinematics

- Many new weapons available in Resistance 2, mini-gun and marksman only ones revealed so far

- Streaming hi-res textures, detail maps, new lighting system, new effects system, better normal mapping, better specular response, redone shaders and lots of behind-the-scenes stuff

- NO LOAD TIMES!

- Bigger "levels" and "chapters"

- Resistance 2 will run in 720p at 30fps

- Resistance 2 will feature Trophy and Home support

- Great improvements coming to the PSN

- Resistance 2 to be as long or longer than Resistance FOM

From the sound of it, Resistance 2 is shaping up to be one spectacular sequel. Stay tuned for more information.

It's a non-traditional way of processing. Seeing as the Cell is really fast and great at multitasking (if programed for correctly) they are able to do this. If you've ever played Uncharted: Drakes Fortune you'd see how much this feature is utilized.

The game engine really needs to be built from the ground up to take full advantage of streaming I believe.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never believe a company's claims of no load times. they never come through in the end..

i agree wit Gouken

this is the PS3 section so ps3 fanboyism is allowed in here and xbots are not. Isn't that one of the reason for separate forums?

My friend tried very hard to get me into resistance, it felt so generic, I was falling asleep during our coop play.

Reasons I want a Ps3: MGS4, FFXIII (Mebe FFVII remake?), FFXI (I've been wanting to get back into it for a month now) God of War 3, Kingdom Hearts 3 (the last 2 are at least a year and a half from release), damn, this isn't meant to be insulting but somebody help me find more reasons to get a Ps3. (Blu-Ray is also nice).

Reasons I want a X360: Too Human, Fable 2, GoW2, FFXI (also playable), Blue Dragon, gah, I'm stuck here too now....

Wii is mine no matter what.

Reasons I want a PC: Guild Wars 2, FFXI (damn this is everywhere), Movie-editing feature.

Meh, I'm compfused !

But what I'm afriad of is that Sony isn't going to pull a Nintendo suddenly where every first and second party title is a title worth having. Like I said, even with it's technological leap, the first game still recieved hate to the hype. It did not live up to what it was suppose to be. Sony's first and second party franchises are medicore at best with only a few titles worthy of having.

I am still highly skeptical that they've eliminated loadings completely. Cell is a powerful PowerPC processor, but it is still difficult to program for with it's processing order.

(Still haven't played Uncharted, no PS3 to borrow and no one has the game)

But what I'm afriad of is that Sony isn't going to pull a Nintendo suddenly where every first and second party title is a title worth having. Like I said, even with it's technological leap, the first game still recieved hate to the hype. It did not live up to what it was suppose to be. Sony's first and second party franchises are medicore at best with only a few titles worthy of having.

I am still highly skeptical that they've eliminated loadings completely. Cell is a powerful PowerPC processor, but it is still difficult to program for with it's processing order.

(Still haven't played Uncharted, no PS3 to borrow and no one has the game)

I own uncharted. There is a 30 second load in the beginning, after that you don't see a single load screen. i thought it was loading while the FMV's were going but you can skip them totally and not a hitch. From what I see the only time you may see loading is when drake walks from a huge underground area into the light, which takes all of 3 seconds.

The hard drive is used, but it's only to cache data. Nothing needs to be installed. That all said, just play the game. Let me know what you think about the presentation, story... everything. it really is an amazng game.