Final Fantasy IV : Cecil's Journey

I personally think the PsP is more of a "Play-at-home" portable, while the DS can go places, like portables are meant to be >.>.

I feel the opposite way.

When I have to blow into the machine to dust off prints for Ema Skye, and I'm sitting on a train with people watching, I feel like an ass.

On the other hand, when I am playing some beast like Tekken with awesome graphics on a slick looking machine, I don't mind doing that in public.

Why exactly can't the PSP go places?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me a lot of the games require at least an hour sitting before saving.

I played MG AC!D in my home, I took it out and as soon as any conversation began it had to be turned off.

Sonic Rush had the same feel, but then again I really wanted to beat that game, like any other Sonic game.

Meanwhile my friend happens to make new friends playing Brain Age (on a pink DS mind you) and Warrior Touch (or w/e that name).

O, and my PsP was in danger of confiscation several times, I've actually seen teachers pull out DS's and play with students (it was computer class though o.0).

On the save issue, you can always put the PSP in sleep mode, which uses up almost no charge as compared to the DS's sleep mode.

THat is right, and also, a lot of recent games have save function available almost everywhere. The only game that can only save after 50 min is MHF2. And that is also if you sucked in playing that game and need 50 min to complete a quest. :(

I've left my DS on sleep for days at a time before coming back and playing again, so I don't think that's a large problem. :\ The PSP might have a better ratio of good games to crappy ones, but the DS has like ten times the games to begin with. Sure, most people don't want the series of dog training games, but it's not hard to just gloss over them. Looking over your list of pros, I can really cross off everything up until CFW, whatever that is. All that other stuff I'm not really interested in for a handheld. I don't even care that it's handheld, really, because I don't travel a whole lot.

Anyway, where do I get the PSP memory cards at? I haven't seen them before.

get both handheld, which is what i did. both system have games taht aren't really portable, like who plays an rpg on the go, by the time ur done reading what everyone have to say, ur off the bus and gametime over. games like tekken and ridge racer with the sleep mode on the psp is what i prefer. and since ds sleep mode still uses battery, it makes it less useful for me. they both have great games i want to play tho

back on topic, i wonder if this was on the psp, could they use those cutscene graphics as gameplay graphics

back on topic, i wonder if this was on the psp, could they use those cutscene graphics as gameplay graphics

That wasn't the topic, that's still talking about the PSP. :(

I'll go on topic here a moment. Final Fantasy IV was bad even as Final Fantasy goes, and the third or fourth remake isn't going to be any better than the other ones.

That wasn't the topic, that's still talking about the PSP. :(

I'll go on topic here a moment. Final Fantasy IV was bad even as Final Fantasy goes, and the third or fourth remake isn't going to be any better than the other ones.

Wrong, Final Fantasy 4 is a gem of an underrated game. The GBA version especially, makes it shine.

It's just too bad that they chose to do a FF3DS-style remake, which I really don't like. Chibi-style can go die, and 3D gfx = PSP. But I like the fact that they added more of the original scraped storyline and some more background for the characters. I don't get why they added "Cecil's Journey" to it, considering the Jap version doesn't have that useless subtitle... And the american voices blow as usual. I hope we can select the jap ones in the eu version.

Oh, I own both handhelds, and play each of them regularly, and I can honestly say that I prefer the PSP in terms of almost everything. Especially when it comes to battery life, my DS Lite tires out faster than my phat PSP, let alone my Slim one... They even made a freakin DS emulator on the PSP :P