Final Fantasy IV : Cecil's Journey

Of all the games you choose to play for your PSP experience, you choose Patapon.....:lol:

I really like CC:FVII for PSP. Top notch graphics, great storyline and a playable combat system (not great, but still playable). All future games from SE should come under these purview :P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah making a system decision based on Patapon......... I just don't know what to say about that....

I chose Patapon because it was cheap. :lol: My brother was offering to sell me his PSP for relatively cheap, is the thing, and I wanted to know how badly he had flocked it up. Then I borrowed it and ran into problems not caused by him, but by Sony.

When I say built in save, I mean a hard drive, or cartridges. The thing told me I had to go out and buy a memory card. I realize you can tell it doesn't have a flip screen, that's not something I just discovered. :P I've never had to patch another system before, though, save my PC, what else does that?

I chose Patapon because it was cheap. :lol: My brother was offering to sell me his PSP for relatively cheap, is the thing, and I wanted to know how badly he had flocked it up. Then I borrowed it and ran into problems not caused by him, but by Sony.

When I say built in save, I mean a hard drive, or cartridges. The thing told me I had to go out and buy a memory card. I realize you can tell it doesn't have a flip screen, that's not something I just discovered. :P I've never had to patch another system before, though, save my PC, what else does that?

Get a transparent screen protector sticker, a memory card as big as you can afford and a custom firmware. I can help you with that. And you'll soon see why the PSP is so great.

When I say built in save, I mean a hard drive, or cartridges. The thing told me I had to go out and buy a memory card. I realize you can tell it doesn't have a flip screen, that's not something I just discovered. :lol: I've never had to patch another system before, though, save my PC, what else does that?

Oh yeh, I agree not having a HDD of some sort in the machine was just stupid. Luckily 4GB sticks are pretty cheap now, as compared with 2 years ago when I bought mine :/

As for the patching, all the latest consoles do it- PS3, 360 and Wii. iPhones, Zens, Zunes all do it. The only thing on the market that doesn't update firmware is the DS.

I chose Patapon because it was cheap. :( My brother was offering to sell me his PSP for relatively cheap, is the thing, and I wanted to know how badly he had flocked it up. Then I borrowed it and ran into problems not caused by him, but by Sony.

Get a transparent screen protector sticker, a memory card as big as you can afford and a custom firmware. I can help you with that. And you'll soon see why the PSP is so great.

After fixing all the problems yourself it's great? I don't know how I feel about that. :P

For a handheld, PSP does great.

Pros:

- You can watch quality movies on it. (if you use the UMD ISOs like me, you

can get almost DVD quality videos on it, which is already great)

- You can listen to music on it. Sony always produce good quality music on

their hardware (Walkman, hifi etc etc). With a pair of good earphones, you

can enjoy some of the best quality music.

- You can emulate lots of things on PSP. PSP is a powerful machine. Nearly

every known retro consoles (NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, CPS1, CPS2, NGPC,

NeoGeo, MVS etc etc, N64 coming into fray) are emulated on PSP and

run almost flawlessly with great speed and no hint of lag or hiccups

whatsoever.

- you can make homebrew.

- with CFW, you can play lots of games without buying it :P Not encouraged

but still worth it for those that might want to try the game out first before

buying it.

- library of games. Still lesser than NDS but definetly have higher ratio

of quality games compare to NDS IMO. I have been playing Monster

Hunter 2 for 90 hrs and it is a one year old game. Been enjoying Tekken DR

which is a near flawless rendition from the arcades with a plus-like

console option. Been enjoying the remake of Megaman, Ghost N' Goblins and Castlevania

with renewed graphic which make the games fresh (I will never understand those that still

prefer older graphics :(). Enjoying original games for PSP like Loco Roco, Patapon (yes, I love it!)

Cons:

- need to invest in a memory stick with a high capacity. not a biggie to me :P

- analog stick can be cumbersome to some. not to me though as i work around it and

apply it in most games especially fighting games :P

- battery life. Roughly 4 hrs without charging if using it to play games from

the memory stick. Using UMD to play might shorten it. Might be troublesome for travellers.

But if use to listen to songs, can last 8 hrs++. Have tried it from Malaysia to Australia on a flight.

Call me a PSP fan boy if you want, i still think the pros outweight the cons