Divx on PSP?

Inky

is there any way to play unconverted Dvix and xvid on the PSP. I can't be arsed to convert and store 2 copies of all my movies and shows. I googled but only came up with converters....

well that sucks, like I said I'm not interested in converting my stuff so I guess I'll be passing on the PMP features. at any rate I am still having a blast with the emulation side.

I don't have a PSP to confirm the output, but using Yamb I tested a standard 350MB avi tv episode and it took literally 3 minutes to convert to PSP compliant mp4. If that's all the time it takes, then you could at least convert a handful of your favourite movies in no time.

I don't have a PSP to confirm the output, but using Yamb I tested a standard 350MB avi tv episode and it took literally 3 minutes to convert to PSP compliant mp4. If that's all the time it takes, then you could at least convert a handful of your favourite movies in no time.

Conversion time is heavily based on what kind of rig (computer) you got set up. My older computers would take hours to convert videos for the PSP. I usually had to do the conversions over night. It is one of the features I've hated most for handheld devices and that you have to constantly convert video for the devices to play it. Let it be to 3gp or for a Video iPod .... why can't they just allow you to play Divx/Xvid natively? It's always been a PITA with all this stupid converting.

Conversion time is heavily based on what kind of rig (computer) you got set up. My older computers would take hours to convert videos for the PSP. I usually had to do the conversions over night. It is one of the features I've hated most for handheld devices and that you have to constantly convert video for the devices to play it. Let it be to 3gp or for a Video iPod .... why can't they just allow you to play Divx/Xvid natively? It's always been a PITA with all this stupid converting.

Yes I guess so. My PC isn't even dual core though and it still only took 3 minutes. I'm running 2.2Ghz, 1gig PC133 Dual Channel and a crappy old GeForceFX 5200.

is there any way to play unconverted Dvix and xvid on the PSP. I can't be arsed to convert and store 2 copies of all my movies and shows. I googled but only came up with converters....

My friend has a PSP. He says that you can play only games on him. :thumbsup1:

It's because of the amount of processing power needed to decode these streams that the handheld device simply doesn't have, or simply doesn't have the battery life to sustain.

Most, if not all, portable devices playback H.264 / AVC video because it is one of the least strenuous formats to decode, especially at the SD, low-res end of things.

My friend has a PSP. He says that you can play only games on him. :lol:

Your friend is so mistaken on so many levels it's not funny.

There is a way to run avi files on fw 1.50 , the homebew is called PSPlayer MT . But , good news for slim users too, the official 4.xx firmware will natively support divx .

Got a source on that? Last I checked the change list of any 4.00+ firmware haven't been revealed yet.