Feel a speed boost on 1Emulation?

Alpha

Feel a speed boost?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definately a little quicker but it's the frequent downtime that's more of an issue :P

Well, the main purpose of the ram upgrade on the server was to alleviate all the downtime. So it should do just that. In addition, it has also made website loading faster on the server.

haven't really noticed a difference, pages still take a little over 1 second to load (even though I have a 1.5mbps connection), which is more or less the same speed I get for the rest of the net.

Barely noticeable speed increase, but an improvement nonetheless. Great job. :lol:

what it should bring is less a speed increase, but consistancy in speed and availability. Since the ram install there has been no downtime or slow service periods. The server is running pretty much entirely in ram now, which is what needs to happen to keep speed and availability up. You see, once it runs out of ram, it starts using swap space, which causes slowness. the slowness leads to backups, which eventually leads to the system cannibalizing its own resources which results in the system running so slowly, most people think its down. Usually it isnt, its just takes 5 minutes or so for it to respond to anything - your browser will time out way before that. As long as there continues to be nothing running that eats vast amounts of ram - service should run well.

For example -- there was a typical DDoS attack about 8 hours after I had the upgrade completed. it resulted in nothing tangible since the server has the ram to respond to about 10Mb/s that the assault came in. Before it would have tied the resources up for hours.

I suspect there is enough ram for the future, its a wait and see to determine if I calculated needed resources right

What's a DDoS?

Distributed Denial of Service -- Basically sending thousands of requests to a website to flood it to the point of collapsing - Some do it out of anger, jealousy, or just plain fun.

What's a DDoS?

Distributed Denial of Service -- Basically sending thousands of requests to a website to flood it to the point of collapsing - Some do it out of anger, jealousy, or just plain fun.

Was it just my internet, or was the site temporarily unavailable today? Don't ask me at what time because I couldn't possibly remember it in regards to my location, let alone where you guys are. Also I can't really say how long it lasted since I didn't bother to check the forum up until about now. I think it was around 6-7 hours ago anyway.