Project 64 problems

Whenever i start the emulator get an error message saying "direct3d failed to intialize

error: 8876086c

d3derr_invalidcall" and after i press ok another error message appears which says "the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

check that you have atleast one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder." and then a plugin setting window appears but whatever i do i get the same error as before after a while i closed the window because nothing was happening and when i closed it the emulator started but when i tried to start a rom i get another error message saying "cannot open a rom because the plugins have not successfully intialised."

So what do i do?

I have windows XP my Direct X is 9.0 but i jsut dunno what to do >.< help please!

Try poking about with your Gfx card's settings to see if you have Direct3D disabled. Also you could launch dxdiag from Start>Run>dxdiag, and have a look in there to see if you have anything disabled (Display tab).

Other than that I'm at a loss, sorry.

Good luck and welcome to 1emu! :(

What is your graphics card? Makes sure its drivers are up to date.

what do you mean graphics card?

edit: response to gavin. It says three things

Direct Draw Acceleration :Not available

Direct3D acceleration: Not available

AGP texture accelration: Not available

so i dunno from there ><

Edited by ToxicPoison

Graphics card,, as in that piece of hardware that is responsible for displaying all the stuff that appears on your monitor. Without one, you see nothing.

You know, in this day and age, you're supposed to know what kind of computer hardware you have. No one buys anything with their eyes closed either.

If DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration are not available, no wonder every piece of software using 3D graphics fails.

Check the Display tab in DxDiag and tell me what you see in addition the Direct3D acceleration etc,. statuses.

I have a problem too.

Game: Gemini Jet Force

After the animation,the become white with flashing black lines.And it never stops.

After i get killed, i get transformed to the last checkpoint, and the picture is back.But when i get to the same place,it makes the problem again.

Can you solve it pls? :P

IIRC, Jet Force Gemini has some issues with the default plugin. Use another plugin (Glide64 for example) if your video card can handle it. Also make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

IIRC, Jet Force Gemini has some issues with the default plugin. Use another plugin (Glide64 for example) if your video card can handle it. Also make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

How to see which plugin am i using?