Why I hate 3D fighting games

2eyez

The rounds are to short. To me, 60 seconds don't cut. I like a full 99 seconds.

You die to fast or I should say, way too much damage taken.

Air juggling??? Is that a wanna be infinite???

Ring out KO, I hate that.

Command input delay. I don't like to wait when I've already imputed my move commands.

Jumping is useless. I rarely see players jump. They rather side step.

That's why I hate 3D fighting games.

Can't this be edited in the options menu?

Can't this be edited in the options menu?

Not every 3D fighting game has Ring Out KO.

Command input delay. I don't like to wait when I've already imputed my move commands.

Not every 3D fighting game has this problem.

Then don't jump?

Don't matter. In 2D fighting games, it isn't 99 seconds, it's 99 Ticks. Completely different because of possible graphical engine slow down. 60 Seconds in a 3D fighting game, is really 60 seconds.

Depends which game your talking about.

Air juggling??? Is that a wanna be infinite???

So what? Air Juggling is a loop. Loops have been around since SFII. Loops are not infinities. A Loop is reversable, an infinity is not. If you don't know block strings or loop strings, how do you fight to keep pressure with just poking. Also not every 3D fighting game has Ring Out.
All fighting games have bufferable commands. This complaint is reduntent.
Jumping isn't a viable option in any fighting game unless it's garunteed to be safe or the jump in has a better priority to stuff anti-air attacks. With a game like SF3, jumping is safe either way with parrying, in Garou, both characters can potentionally Just Defend. With characters with no set anti-air (Chun in 3s, her cr. HK is her anti-air, but it isnt' the best anti-air for her to use) have a tougher time to beat jump ins without parrying. Side Stepping in 3D games is a valid and tested way to avoid an attack on the vertical axis.

Jumping is useless in any fighting 3D games except SF EX series. And that doesn't count. I do agree that I hate the ring out system in VF5 and Soulcalibur. But it encourages the players not to turtle far away.

I don't want to argue about the rest of the points as I think others have stated their points well.

QCF + P does nothing in tekken :D

I prefer doing moves than doing chains myself.

As for your points, I don't see much damage difference. I actually prefer 3d fighter's damage as it's a faster pace of gameplay in some sense.

Juggling is the same as those insane combos in 2d fighters. Oh well they're there, just don't get caught.

I love ring out. More mind games involved.

QCF + P does nothing in tekken :D

I prefer doing moves than doing chains myself.

As for your points, I don't see much damage difference. I actually prefer 3d fighter's damage as it's a faster pace of gameplay in some sense.

Juggling is the same as those insane combos in 2d fighters. Oh well they're there, just don't get caught.

I love ring out. More mind games involved.

You're not serious right? QCP moves involves a lot in Tekken. Some "While Standing" (WS) moves can be substituted with QCF motion. It allows more flexibility and faster execution. And some characters DO have QCF moves.