Video Gaming: The 7th Generation

People keep forgetting Nintendo has existed longer (I guess about a century now, 1902 or something) then those two companies so they have fall back on money just in case something goes wrong. Like when everything went wrong in the mid-late 90's. The only thing that was selling alot were Game Boys and still managed to stay in the green.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo was extremely lucky they took off- both the DS and Wii were huge gambles, especially for the company that had been more or less in last place for the last 2 generations.

Still, I stand by the systems' appeal being gimmicky. The DS has an incredible library to back it up though, not to mention the GBA library. The Wii on the other hand does not, and is still just Wii Tennis in my opinion.

Mario Kart and Smash Brothers Brawl are both big. There's a big wave of WiiWare or whatever hitting it now, too. I think the other two platforms have something similar, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit. :)

The Wii also has its catalog of older titles. I'm not sure how well that's going for Nintendo, but there are definitely some good games in there.

The games for the Wii that were developed by Nintendo, have been getting scores over 8, and have been selling well. The Wii has no other games but exclusives, but yet they are gaining money from the Virtual Console, including the most cherished Sega games that Sega fans live to hate about the Wii.

I think its safe to assume a lot has been learned since previous attempts, and mistakes won't be repeated, these companies aren't retarded and a lot different from what they once where.

In other words I'd like to see Sega/Nintendo competing again. Atari would be nice to say but they literally are not the same company as when they started.

Although I really can't figure out whats going on with all the half assed games from sega :/

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :D

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :D

Why exactly are you so adamantly going against Sony ever chance you get? I'm curious, as I don't remember seeing you present any kind of further arguments other than "Sony should be deleted etc."

EDIT Ah yes, seeing how you come off as a rabid Sega/Dreamcast fanboy, it's no surprise that you'd blame the whittling of the Dreamcast's mainstream popularity on Sony.

It was Sega's fault for putting quantity over quality.

the same could be said for the ps2. and the Wii today. the saturn was too complex (much like the ps3) and hard to dev for. handing the title over to the inferior psx. the DC just had to live with the perceptions of the previous generation