Video Gaming: The 7th Generation

Does anyone think that some companies in the 7th generation of gaming shouldn't be participating? (Not rightfully representing the company name, losing consumer and popularity wise).

If so, what company would you rather have in the generation?

Post the name of the console, (ex. Wii, PS3, 360) and replace that console with whatever company that you think can do better, (ex. Sega, Atari, etc.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm........nope. Neither Sega nor Atari have a clue how to design hardware that isn't overly complicated to develop for, have poor controls or some other fatal flaw. (Saturn hardware, Dreamcast controller. Atari's Jaguar)

Theres a reason why they're dead in the water. The only other company I could see having the slightest chance, would be someone like NEC, and they'd need help from someone who knows what they're doing.........like teaming up with Namco or something.

I dunno what you're getting at... if companies like Sega or Atari could be in the race, they would be.

Sony and Microsoft are the only ones who can compete in this generation. I dunno what magic spells Nintendo cooked up to get their foot in, this time, but their abysmal attach rates, casual games, and 1st-party dominance are going to burn all the people who thought the Wii sales figures were impressive. That goes for consumers and developers. Nintendo needs to GTFO.

I dunno what you're getting at... if companies like Sega or Atari could be in the race, they would be.

Sony and Microsoft are the only ones who can compete in this generation. I dunno what magic spells Nintendo cooked up to get their foot in, this time, but their abysmal attach rates, casual games, and 1st-party dominance are going to burn all the people who thought the Wii sales figures were impressive. That goes for consumers and developers. Nintendo needs to GTFO.

Who would you have in instead of Nintendo?

I love Sega to death. But, seeing how easy it is to fall behind in the console war, even if they came out with a Dreamcast 2, I don't think there'd be a lot of dev support, and I'm not even sure I'd buy one despite loving Sega to death.

I'd drop Sony out of it, just to be done with people trying to defend it. In it's place? Uh...Atlus. I'm pretty sure they've never made hardware before, but it'd probably be better than the PS3. Just a cheap system for their multitude of games would be worth buying in my book.

I don't think not many companies can compete with Microsoft, Sony (barring Nintendo). Why? Because you can't depend on just one source of money, which is gaming. Even if PS3 fails, Sony will not fail because they still have their electronic group, VIAO, mobile phones group to keep the company floating. Same reason goes to Microsoft. Nintendo is lucky this time as Wii and DS took off. If both of these consoles failed, Nintendo would have been buried.