The SoulCalibur IV Thread

Farm gold, buy some new equip and with a little bit of luck, you can try to ring out them in a flurry of attacks.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already knew that ring outs were my only option. The biggest problem is the first and third set are on stages where ring outs are not possible.

I mostly use my created lv.9 Taki and created lv.9 Mitsurugi.

1) Don't use Taki, use someone else as your primary that has a decent spamable move that has a realtively safe launcher OR someone with a very abusable 1A move that's safe. It can be chargable, but doesn't have to be.

2) With Mitsu, spam 1A charge when you can from a moderate distance, try equiping him with the Damascus sword and get some decent HP/Attack/Defense, in that order, going for equipment.

The 3rd set will be particurly difficult if you don't wait it out. If possible, try to tack on one of HP Recoveries or HP Drains per characer. Luck is also part of the plan sadly :/

Indeed with the luck. I use the Taki style cuz it's the only one I'm truly good at. I mostly use the rolling attack that'll cause me to go in the air and fly at them in a downward angle. I wish I knew the name of it but I believe you have to press B + K. I hadn't on desired skills much.

With the Mitsurugi style I mostly spam the ->, -> + B, B. Skill wise he's equiped with Unblockable A or B, Shave Damage B, Hysterical Strength, and something else. Works alot for me. Especially hitting with an unblockable version of the charging attack I previously mentioned.

I need HP Burst. The main problem with these floors is some of the opponents have an impact skill that'll damage me when they parry. It usually only becomes a problem on the third stage which is when the opponents spam the hell out of it.

What's your Astaroth setup?

Well to be honest about it, i just maximized each HP/Defense/Attack per Asteroth. Giving them different colors and it usually works when swamping out for each one. Each one is built for a speific purpose, it's easier using a CAS for it, but for big ol Asteroth, just mix and match parts per stat. What your looking for is the maximize Attack/Defense/HP. For attack, balance out your shavings and unblockables, for Defense, boosts and HP, Boosts and HP recoveries. Most of those suggetions came from gamefaqs.

But damn does this game really has luck running on it's money. I'll post up a sort of balance type I made later.

Flocking a$$hole bastards.... I don't have a 360, and I still have yet to even see this game. My buddies were playing it the other day, but I wasn't there....... Yea yea, get your practice in. I'll be live some day soon. 2 months minimum.

Floors 33-35 are what I'm stuck on. I normally do good till I fight the Maxi style dude on floor 33. On 34, the first guy that uses Mitsurugi style fuks me up. Floor 35, is a heavy parry stage that keeps pissing me off.

Can't believe that guy made Ninja Gayden characters.