The SoulCalibur IV Thread

Well, got my copy of SCIV yesterday (sorry BK, the call of the sword was too strong than the Hammer of Dawn).

Started to use Yoda and practise on him a little bit. I would say Yoda is a cheap bastard and if at the right hands, he would be a cheap, devastating bastard. Most attacks won't hit him unless you hit low or hit him when he is in the air. He has mid-air cancels that enable you to react to opponent's movement if they side-step. Fun to use :D

The Apperentice is a little bit overpowered IMO. In a few shots, you can destroy a piece of armour. And he has all the best Force power (lightning, Force Pull). Damn fun to use and cool-looking moves.

The only other character I tried to use after that was Ivy. Man, I am so used to SC2's Ivy that SCIV's Ivy was too clunky. Trying to perform Summon Suffering was impossible (although I managed to do it for the XBLA's Soulcalibur) on the controller. Guess I need a Hori stick to nail that.

All in all, I am having fun with it. Haven't try the Tower of Souls so no comment :)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Summon Suffering achievement was almost too easy to get in the XBLA SoulCalibur. So glad its harder now.

I am getting more and more excited about this CaS mode- it seems like people are making a lot of interesting things and since they are based on core movesets it won't be quite as much BS as it was in SC3. Or so I hope.

Anyway I really want this and hope it arrives today or tomorrow and that I don't have to wait through the weekend. UPS has flocked be around enough already.

Which system should i get Soul Caliber For?

This is one of those times where I'd say get the PS3 version if you've got it. Better visuals, performance.

I'm getting the 360 version just because it's all I've got and I only have friends on Live, not PSN.

Which system should i get Soul Caliber For?

This is one of those times where I'd say get the PS3 version if you've got it. Better visuals, performance.

I'm getting the 360 version just because it's all I've got and I only have friends on Live, not PSN.

Huh?!? Is this proven? Although the loading is a little long when it tried to load 5 characters at once in Story mode, I do not see much difference in visuals. And the loading issue will be solved when autumn dashboard update is available.

Im trying to think about what i want more.

PS3

Pros: Darth Vader, Free online

Cons: Not alot of friends who play online, no Yoda until DLC

Pros: Yoda, Xbox Live, 1emu matches, acheivements

Cons: Xbox Live, I kinda only bought the 360 so i can play Gears and Halo with my friends. If my 360 RRoD i wont be able to play for a while. The 360 is used so RRoD is a probability.

Im leaning towards the 360 version, maybe il wait and see how many of my friends have which more.

Shouldn't you be worrying on more important matters such as online play, and a choice between Vader and Yoda?

No. The characters will come with DLC, and the online platform will depend on which you have more people to play on.

Right, which is more important than graphics.