The SoulCalibur IV Thread

Becos I am hoping that Soulcalibur 4 would be successful on X360 and Namco Bandai would be enticed to bring Tekken 6 to X360. With installation option, it would be a dream come true during online play.

I don't know about that; historically NONE of the Tekken games have ever been released on anything other than Sony hardware unless you count Tekken Advance for the GBA and even then it wasn't an arcade title like the rest of them were!

The Soul Edge series however is a different story entirely; Soul Calibur was released for the DreamCast as early as 1999! I'm sure many of you will also remember that Soul Calibur 2 was released for ALL THREE of the consoles back in 2003. It could have then been expected that Soul Calibur 4 would be on multiple consoles.

Again you are talking about the past, when PSX and PS2 is rolling in the dough. Not anymore. The current generation is seeing the least powerful machine taking a big chunk in the world, and X360 dominating in NA and PS3 lose out in most areas. You can say it is kinda balanced. If Tekken6 did not go multi platform, it might

not garner back the production costs.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also consider that all Tekken games until 6 ran on essentially RAM-expanded PlayStation and PlayStation 2 arcade hardware.

The porting would have been dirt easy, and also there was no serious home alternative to the PS series. N64, GC? Don't think so. Xbox1? Why bother?

The circumstances are considerably different this time round. Now more than ever there would be a good incentive to bring the series to another console.

Again you are talking about the past, when PSX and PS2 is rolling in the dough. Not anymore. The current generation is seeing the least powerful machine taking a big chunk in the world, and X360 dominating in NA and PS3 lose out in most areas. You can say it is kinda balanced. If Tekken6 did not go multi platform, it might

Yes, I was talking about the past which was why I pointed out that was what happened historically. What do you mean by it being balanced? :)

I agree that it won't make any financial sense to make Tekken 6 an exclusive title but then again we also don't have any evidence to suggest Namco Bandai will drop its brand loyalty with Tekken 6.

We also have Namco making strange choices when choosing consoles for its arcade ports and good examples can be found with the Soul Calibur series.

Soul Calibur was released for the DreamCast which was discontinued just a few years after its launch. Soul Calibur was never even released for the PS or even the Playstation 2 although the arcade version was using System 12 which was based on Playstation hardware! :lol: Soul Calibur 2 was released on both the GameCube and the Xbox even though both those consoles' sales paled in comparison to the PS2.

It's obvious that Namco doesn't port games based on any sort of logic so it can be expected that Namco would once again defy logic and make Tekken 6 a PS3 exclusive! :lol:

Yes, I was talking about the past which was why I pointed out that was what happened historically. What do you mean by it being balanced? :P

I agree that it won't make any financial sense to make Tekken 6 an exclusive title but then again we also don't have any evidence to suggest Namco Bandai will drop its brand loyalty with Tekken 6.

We also have Namco making strange choices when choosing consoles for its arcade ports and good examples can be found with the Soul Calibur series.

Soul Calibur was released for the DreamCast which was discontinued just a few years after its launch. Soul Calibur was never even released for the PS or even the Playstation 2 although the arcade version was using System 12 which was based on Playstation hardware! :) Soul Calibur 2 was released on both the GameCube and the Xbox even though both those consoles' sales paled in comparison to the PS2.

It's obvious that Namco doesn't port games based on any sort of logic so it can be expected that Namco would once again defy logic and make Tekken 6 a PS3 exclusive! :shootem:

Well, Tekken may go multi-plat. But the only other console it'll go to is the 360. I'm sure soon enough everyone will notice a trend of developers to not support the Wii much anymore. Wonder why? Look at the software sales compared to 360.

Only party games sell for the Wii, unless they slap on the "Bang the drum" mode in SCIV: Wii Edition, it won't sell, which is why their will be no port of it.

The Wii is too different for ports of a lot of these things. Graphics would have to be toned down, controls would have to be altered. It's got nothing to do with Wii's software sales, it just wouldn't work.

There's no chance of a Wii game getting ported to another system either, for the same reasons. This makes it a unique console in a see of games that play on the 360, PS3, and PC.

The Wii is too different for ports of a lot of these things. Graphics would have to be toned down, controls would have to be altered. It's got nothing to do with Wii's software sales, it just wouldn't work.

There's no chance of a Wii game getting ported to another system either, for the same reasons. This makes it a unique console in a see of games that play on the 360, PS3, and PC.

Classic controller. Package the game with it or have the Wii actually packed with the damn thing so 3rd parties can do traditional games for the damn system. You all know it doesn't need to cost $250, they can easily keep the price and still give a free classic controller.