The SoulCalibur IV Thread

hmm I thought I read that it did......

second thoughts now.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll prolly pass then. not that I play alot of live anyways but its a feature that should be there. especially for an xbox LIVE arcade game.

Lol BK playing Solo-Player Soul Calibur, man that must sucks >.<!!

Do it like back when in the SNES days, get a shitload of friends drunk, invite them over to play some Calibur's, and then those who liked it tend to stay around themselves ;).

Not to mention the Dreamcast had online to begin with, but I don't think fighters were online for the Dreamcast back then anyways. Online play would have basically sparked the XBLA Arcade version indefinitely.

Only in Japan. Capcom was probably the only company to re/released online fighting games such as SSF2ST, Vampires Collections (Darkstalkers), Capcom vs SNK 2 all with online play in Japan. Of course, when the DC died, they took down the servers.

Remember guys, SoulCalibur for XBLA doesn't have an online vs mode.

Slipped my mind until after I dled it :/

Yeah, and I dl it too :peopleseybrow: Should have dl the COD4 variety maps :P Waste 800MS there

Becos I am hoping that Soulcalibur 4 would be successful on X360 and Namco Bandai would be enticed to bring Tekken 6 to X360. With installation option, it would be a dream come true during online play.

I don't know about that; historically NONE of the Tekken games have ever been released on anything other than Sony hardware unless you count Tekken Advance for the GBA and even then it wasn't an arcade title like the rest of them were!

The Soul Edge series however is a different story entirely; Soul Calibur was released for the DreamCast as early as 1999! I'm sure many of you will also remember that Soul Calibur 2 was released for ALL THREE of the consoles back in 2003. It could have then been expected that Soul Calibur 4 would be on multiple consoles.

The XBLA Soul Calibur has everything already unlock. So the only reason to play it is for the achievements or to play against someone else who's sitting next to you.

I'm a little pissed the Summon Suffering achievement doesn't work in Practice mode.