The SoulCalibur IV Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I need now is a Wii and a PS3, and then I can kick back and laugh at all of you. ^_^

why? :P

All I need now is a Wii and a PS3, and then I can kick back and laugh at all of you. :lol:

why? :P

Because then I'd be the one who has the best of all worlds, and all your constant bickering would just amuse me over-so-much.

To me, they all look like great consoles, with strong selling points. Wii's fun for everyone, 360 has the advantage with multi-platforming and greater performance now, and the PS3 will soon stop lagging behind and will get better and better. And if there's ever any game I want to play, I'll be able to play it without having to get upset for not having it's system.

I did the same thing with my handhelds. Proud owner of a Crisis Core PSP Slim and an NDS Lite.

Course, you'll all tell me "we don't have that kinda moneys". You think I do? The only reason I have both handhelds is because I saved cash for them. Regardless of the amount you can save, if you save up, you'll eventually get there.

And the only reason I have a 360 is because I got one for free from my phone contract. There are ways to get everything you want. But then you'll tell me "but the games are expensive". So freakin pirate if you can't buy them :D . CFW on my PSP and a flash cart on my NDS and I have all that I'll ever need.

Bow to me bitches! ^_^

errr, no. you bow to me.

currently own:

xbox 360 flashed

wii

2 nds with flash carts

psp with cfw.

I was about 2 unrational thoughts away from buying a PS3 a few days ago.

What you don't get, AxL, is that this isn't about owning each system and claiming that as an achievement.

Why should we have to buy 2 or 3 appliances that do the same thing, just because different companies compete with eachother over developers and games? Why can't I play the RRP for MGS4 and play it on the games machine I already own?

They're competing products and we are weighing them up on their own qualities. Whether we choose to buy all or none of them doesn't have to do with the issue at hand at all. Why do you see a thread like this and reckon its about a bunch of braindead fanboys who wouldn't buy more than one console out of sheer illogical brand loyalty or stinginess? That's not the case.

I'm in the same boat as Inky here, sans the Wii. And I likely will own a PS3 before the year is out. But I will still defend the 360 as being the better system.

What you don't get, AxL, is that this isn't about owning each system and claiming that as an achievement.

Why should we have to buy 2 or 3 appliances that do the same thing, just because different companies compete with eachother over developers and games? Why can't I play the RRP for MGS4 and play it on the games machine I already own?

They're competing products and we are weighing them up on their own qualities. Whether we choose to buy all or none of them doesn't have to do with the issue at hand at all. Why do you see a thread like this and reckon its about a bunch of braindead fanboys who wouldn't buy more than one console out of sheer illogical brand loyalty or stinginess? That's not the case.

I'm in the same boat as Inky here, sans the Wii. And I likely will own a PS3 before the year is out. But I will still defend the 360 as being the better system.

Oh, and I you think I don't judge the consoles themselves? I do. I think the PSP is far superior to the NDS for example. But what I don't do is go around looking to try and sell their product to other people out of sheer mind-numbing, baseless enthusiasm like most other fanboys.

I am not bragging about how many consoles I own just for the hell of it. I simply cannot be assed to go biatch at the companies to try and change their business model. If I really want a couple of games on a console, I will buy that console, regardless of what it is. I simply could care less what console it was on. Sooner or later, if I really want it, I'll have it. Sure, if a game is multi-platform, I'll buy it for the console that plays it better and has more content/support for it.

You say you argue for the sake of discussion, not out of fanboyness. But at the same time, does that hold true to everyone else? I will still be laughing at those people, enjoying everything I want.

@Inky:

I have 2 Phat PSPs and 1 Slim one. All CFW'd. So we're even.

Fair enough.

My beef is down to mainly having to pay money for two machines that do essentially the same thing. I make my purchase choices - either to buy one or both - and live with my decisions. I don't tell the companies how to conduct their business but I do feel that its worth criticising.

The only problem is when people take criticism of the system they bought personally and the rationality of the discussion takes a dive. But otherwise I think chewing out the console wars is good fun.